Droid touchscreen died,need to unroot to get a new one.

rda990

Reaction score
I was trying to apply a Zagg Invisible Shield for the second time,When i applied the whole body shield,i noticed the touch screen would not respond to my finger/it would touch random items by itself.I took the screen off and it is still doing that.So i guess im going to go to Verizon to get a replacement but i forgot i was rooted.To unroot can I just install the 2.2 "Update.zip" through recovery and i will lose root right?But would the kernel still be the "rooted" kernel and would i have to change that to default?

Nightmares

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why im afraid to root. I hope it works out for you though.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Open Rom Manager, Make sure you flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then go to Download ROM, open Stock Images, from there flash Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Stock or Verizon Droid 2.1 Stock (either one is fine). - Bam you are back to stock. Enjoy.

SGTiger

Reaction score
You might consider first doing a factory reset to see if the touchscreen starts working again. The verizon store may try that anyway before they decide to get you a refurbished one.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or grab the 2.1 SBF and flash with RSDLite.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why im afraid to root. I hope it works out for you though.

lol its not that bad I'm sure the way I said it or others suggested can unroot your device.

Do you know how to use rsd lite ??i can help!!

No I don't =/

Open Rom Manager, Make sure you flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then go to Download ROM, open Stock Images, from there flash Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Stock or Verizon Droid 2.1 Stock (either one is fine). - Bam you are back to stock. Enjoy.

Yeah I forgot I could do that but I have DM and from the DM app I could of done the same thing but then again my touchscreen doesn't work.Would flashing a stock also flash the kernel?

Oh and btw I fixed it I'm sure it was a software problem rather than a hardware one.I flashed to 2.1 from recovery and then back to my rooted mod and it started working again :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk