Droid touch screen freaking out

bukinut

Reaction score
This problem seems too ridiculous to be blamed on an aftermarket charger. WTF. A little humidity or piece of dust? WTF. I'm sure we have all used our phones the same as we did from day one. Nobody dropped it in the toilet and then posted "Why is my phone not working?" Just looking for tried-and-true advice. Dual antivirus programs show my phone as clean and clear, but the last 12 hours with my phone have been, quite frankly, ridiculous. I have owned my Droid since day 1 and have no clue what is going on right now. The phone has freezed recently, but the current phantom touches are worthy of an episode of TAPS. All logical solutions are welcome and thanked in advance.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
If it happens when plugged in only its defense after market charger I had that on d1,and tb

sent from my thunderbolt

bukinut

Reaction score
Why would an aftermarket charger cause "ghost touches" on your screen. Have you experienced this problem?? I still use my stock charger FWIW.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Why would an aftermarket charger cause "ghost touches" on your screen. Have you experienced this problem?? I still use my stock charger FWIW.

I first had the problem w after market chargers.

But after my phone got old I got ghost touching even when not plugged in.

sent from my thunderbolt

bukinut

Reaction score
Problem may have been a coincidence IMHO. My stock charger began performing erratically months ago, but no problems with performance. I'm eligible for upgrade, so how is the TB better than the Droid, if I may ask?

bukinut

Reaction score
Should have asked if you like the Thunderbolt over the Droid since there seem to be no solutions in this forum.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
If it happens when not charging then the screen is going hurry up and claim insurance

sent from my thunderbolt

aaashley

Reaction score
thank u baby jesus for finding this post. my droid has been doing the same thing. it scrolls up & down by itself, if im trying to send a txt it starts typing on its on like jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj or nnn & sends. I was in my gallery looking at my pix suddenly it hit share & posted to FB by it self. i thought maybe my nails were to long and was causing it but it does things by itself even when i havent touched it. in market i updated fb and had problems so i tried to uninstall updates & after emailing the dev telling him his program wldnt let me install he never got back to me. so i reported the dev to droid support feedback & they fixed it. then i got an email from the dev saying i was blocked by his email. bamn 3 days later my phone does this now hmmmmm strange.

bukinut

Reaction score
After another night with the battery out and fresh start, I found that the entire column of my touch screen was unresponsive - meaning from the menu icon all the way to the top of the screen. My solution was to go to the Verizon store this morning and use my eligibility for upgrade to the Droid X.

Best decision I could have made seeing that I was out of warranty and live in an area that will not have 4G LTE until 2013. You can try all the other goofy tricks mentioned in this thread, which I did most of minus sticking it in rice (WTF)! My screen started jumping with no environmental changes or app installs/updates. The defect is with the touch screen itself or related processor.

veroid

Reaction score
My droid has done the same thing, it started happening after a update. I was able to get it working again by removing the battery.

I'm eligible for a phone upgrade soon so maybe this will no longer be a problem.

jmonty

Reaction score
My droid has done the same thing, it started happening after a update. I was able to get it working again by removing the battery.

I'm eligible for a phone upgrade soon so maybe this will no longer be a problem.

The battery trick only buys a little time.

lisajulia

Reaction score
Unresponsive touchscreen/keyboard in particular

I have an HTC Droid Eris and the bottom row of letters doesn't respond to my touch. For example, when i try to send an email and type the letter 'C', it does nothing...or it will hit the space or another letter. It is driving me crazy. It started doing it yesterday. Tonight i am leaving the battery out to see if it helps. Can't retrieve my voicemail b/c one of the password numbers is a number that doesn't recognize my touch. SO frustrating! I wish there was a way to fix this and i actually wish i knew what search term i should use. Been on google all day and night trying to figure this out...i am not very 'techie' and in a couple posts i see mention of 'digitizer'...off to search on that now...almost 1am..just want my phone to work!