Droid to Vizio Tablet

heavyvino

Reaction score
Just picked up an 8 inch Vizio tablet running Android 2.3.2 I want to teather it,occasionally, to my Droid 1 running Pete's GPA 16 build.
The vizio dosn't see android teather, I know it works, I tested it with my netbook.
I tried all the channels in the droid, are there any other setting I might try. The vizio sees all other wifi points that are in range.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It probably can't see ad-hoc networks.

random rom'd X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the Vizio, but some tablets need a custom ROM or custom kernel. Again, I didn't even know Vizio made tablets.

random rom'd X

marvin02

Reaction score
I'm just a visitor, but I do have a VTAB. It connects to my Dell Streaks WiFi tethering with no issue. If you are using an ad hoc network that is probably your problem.

OP
heavyvino

heavyvino

Reaction score
Again I ask how I can get it to work?

vatothe0

Reaction score
Get a phone that creates an infrastructure network. Droid1 cannot.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Have u tried using Bluetooth? not sure about Vizio but try BT. Lets see if it recognizes it....
on ur Vizio, shut down completely then turn it back on to reboot
on vizio turn on Airplane mode
on vizio turn on bluetooth
on phone turn on bluetooth
on vizio click bluetooth settings, scan for devices, see if ur tablet recognizes it
now this part maybe different for other tablets, is there a wrench looking icon or something that says connect to internet?

this may/may not work with ur tablet or device. and some tablets like the Xoom does not have to be rooted on either the tab or phone to use BT.