Droid to Blackberry

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by pinkbeautykiller, Feb 23, 2012.

1. pinkbeautykiller

pinkbeautykiller New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm moving from my Motorola Droid 1 to the Blackberry Curve. I am wondering how can i move all my pictures,videos, and contacts to the blackberry??
    Also would it be possible for me to transfer text messages?

2. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Take the memory card out, and back it up on your computer. Then put the card in the Curve, and format it. Then just move over what needs to be moved.

Pictures taken with the camera will be in the dcim folder along with recorded videos. Your contacts should be synced up with your Google account. If not two things you can do:

1.) Ask Verizon to transfer them
    2.) Backup assistant (if the DROID even supports it)

There should be Google based apps that will sync your accounts though.

You most likely won't be able to transfer text messages.

3. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +44
    As someone who liked blackberries before (last one I had was bold), what in the heck convinced you to try that over a newer droid/iphone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

4. pinkbeautykiller

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks so much!! can i just leave the card in there?? so i dont have to move them over and how would i format it???
    And my contacts are already backed up with my google account, so how would i go about syncing them to the blackberry??

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. pinkbeautykiller

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't upgrade till March 23rd, and my ex is finally giving me the blackberry back i gave him and i figured i'd use it till i upgrade..My droid right now is slowly dieing the power button doesn't work nd the volume down button doesn't work.And besides that i've been looking at the Droid Pro and Blackberry i've looked at various Droid Pro VS Blackberry and the more i looked at the blackberry's site, forums and videos the more i got attached? to it l0l so i figured i'm getting it back from my ex and i wouldn't have to pay for it

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    You can try, but the OS may want you to format it. You should probably format the card anyways as there's going to be a lot of android stuff on it that is useless to BB. So might as well start fresh. If you want to you can go through the memory card and just back up what you want. Plus, I don't know how BB's set up its folder structure. They may put pictures in a different folder, and what not.

I believe you would download google sync from the app place. Though, I'm not 100 on this. TBH I have zero experience with BB, and my only interaction with it is from my girlfriends BB. Honestly though, I would be really surprised if BB weren't able to do this natively. In my experience with iOS and WebOS they were able to add mail, contact, and calendar sync for google accounts from the add account section.

7. pinkbeautykiller

Ratings:
    +0
    Okayy, thanks i'll figure it out when i get it back Monday from my ex. How would i format it??

8. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Should be someplace in the options. Most likely under memory or storage.

9. pinkbeautykiller

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

dcim for blackberry

how do i move contacts form galaxy 2 to blackberry