"Droid" Thunderbolt

atmcgill97

Reaction score
Is is a droid or not? I think "Droid ThunderBolt" sounds nice.

cpjr

Reaction score
"Droid" is a Motorola copyrighted name. Thats why the only "Droids" are Droid 1, Droid 2, Droid Pro and Droid X.

OP
atmcgill97

atmcgill97

Reaction score
"Droid" is a Motorola copyrighted name. Thats why the only "Droids" are Droid 1, Droid 2, Droid Pro and Droid X.

HTC "Droid" Incredible. Whats copyrighted now?

techguru

Reaction score

Wrong... Droid is a Lucasfilms copyright licensed to Verizon, not Motorola. Thus Droid Incredible is part of the Droid family, and it is made by HTC.

Alan

cpjr

Reaction score
Copyrighted wasnt the right word, I meant licensed. LucasFilm has the copyright to the name "Droid".

And my understanding from something I had read in the past was that HTC wasnt going to continue to use the term "Droid"....prolly not wanting to pay the licensing fees.

ocman

Reaction score
They are all Android based phones so yes yes and yes lol

turdbogls

Reaction score
They are all Android based phones so yes yes and yes lol
just because it is an android phone doesnt mean it is a "droid"
"droid" was a marketing scheme that verizon and motorola and android came up with to announce the "game changing" original Droid.

anything with the "droid" ringtone/notification is considered a droid...anything else is just and android phone.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And we also had Droid Eris.... for those that try to say only flagship phones get the Droid name..