Droid Themes

gsxr_guy3344

Reaction score
I have the new Droid 2 and I was wondering if it was possible to make my background look like the HTC Incredible with out downloading something like beatiful widgets...is there like a custom rom or something I can do? I am not rooted and I dont really want too

slacker0503

Reaction score
First off, the droid 2 hasn't even been rooted. Secondly, you can't get a custom ROM on your phone without rooting it. Finally, I wouldn't expect a port of any sense ROM for the droid 2. HTC has already sent a C & D once before for too many people "stealing" their copyrighted material.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
I run beautiful widgets on my X and love it, very customizable with all the skins. Plus you can designate which app is opened by touching different parts of the widget.

Why don't you want to use it? The only thing I don't like is not being able to list multiple cities. But I overcome that by linking to the weather channel app when tapping the forecast at the bottom.

OP
gsxr_guy3344

gsxr_guy3344

Reaction score
I used it on droid 1 and noticed it ate the hell out of mt battery im assuming its better on X and 2?

Wnclivin

Reaction score
I haven't seen much of a change in battery life. Set to update every hour. I keep my screen fairly dim and get 24hours out of moderate usage.