Droid text notification

jon yaya

Reaction score
Anyone else been unable to stop the fon from announcing "DROID" every time? I changed the notification to silent both inside the messaging settings as well as from the general settings at the home screen. I set both to silent = DROID, I set either to droid = DROID DROID. Any other notification sound will have droid first then the chimes (or whatever). I liked the droid sound but was done with it after first couple of days.

Also I like the phone and will not settle for getting an Iphone, which seems to be standard reply to alot of the issues discussed here. :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So it's play DROID no matter what then your selected notification? Weird... first I've heard of that. Hopefully someone's got an idea... it's not me unfortunately.

ThePravus

Reaction score
Are you running a secondary notification app like SMS popup?

OP
J

jon yaya

Reaction score
negative, i thought of that but remembered that I had not d/l anything that would involve the sms, text etc. I like it pretty much the way it is.

OP
J

jon yaya

Reaction score
tried that also. i really have tried to solve my own problem before posting (using the search button) but this phone seems to be doomed to announce droid always. i spoke with the lads and lasses at best buy then felt bad for doing so. i may just try to swap for another one. the email is intolerable. i cant pop email from isp and i just realized i cannot seem to a. select all email and b. delete all email from my work account. oy vey!

OP
J

jon yaya

Reaction score
Well I swapped my initial phone for this one and the problem has gone away. This phone has better battery life as well. Double score.