Droid Tech - Codes?

Trever1t

Reaction score
I've come across codes on these forums to access programming and diagnostics but for the life of me can't seem to find them in a search. Can someone list all the 'codes' in this or another thread and make it a sticky please?

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
Oh come on, can someone please post the Programming/Diagnostic access codes here?

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
No, but thanks! I'm looking for the code to oppen the diagnostic on the droid...it was a code like *#*#""""#*#* but i forget the middle 4 digits....for the M DROID

EDIT: [bangs head on laptop keys] Sorry, yes.

*#*#INFO#*#* was what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only code I know is
##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
CALL Button
Enter SPC Password - 000000
VERIFY
04 Vocode
Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio

hope this helps
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

bots

Reaction score
Crap I was checking this menu out and i clicked on "preferred network type" and accidentaly changed it. Can someone tell me what the default is?

Mojoman

Reaction score
Crap I was checking this menu out and i clicked on "preferred network type" and accidentaly changed it. Can someone tell me what the default is?

I don't see "preferred network type" as a choice on this menu. Are you talking about the ##7764726 menu?

bots

Reaction score
Nah it's in the *#*#info#*#* menu under phone info, towards the bottom. "set preferred network type".

LordKastle

Reaction score
so is the goal of Motorola and Verizon to make sure the caller's audio sounds as horrible as possible? if this is true then what is the point?

No one seems to be able to answer it. I read somewhere else that "its not available everywhere so if you are in a place like that you wont be able to make calls."

this doesn't make sense. as you guys realize 95% of Droid users will never change the setup.

Hypocondriac'ism or legitimate?

tktouch12

Reaction score
Great. I like to know these things ( subscribing to the thread)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
so is the goal of Motorola and Verizon to make sure the caller's audio sounds as horrible as possible? if this is true then what is the point?

No one seems to be able to answer it. I read somewhere else that "its not available everywhere so if you are in a place like that you wont be able to make calls."

this doesn't make sense. as you guys realize 95% of Droid users will never change the setup.

Google it. Seems to be a new CODEC. Supposedly provides better encoding when supported (that being the major caveat). It clearly isn't ready to be enabled all over the network so they set the Droid up to use a safe CODEC that's available everywhere. Makes perfect sense. You just jumped to the incorrect conclusion.

Last edited:

JayMonster

Reaction score

It is actually quite foreward thinking on their part :eek: (I know I am shocked too). This codec is not quite ready for prime time. but when it is... it is on the phone and ready to go... a quick dial to *228 (which the recommend everybody does "periodically" would enable them to change it over on the fly in markets as it becomes available.

Some people are just jumping the gun, and in a case like this the phrase "Your mileage may vary" really applies, as if your market isn't ready for this, you are going to get no better (and possibly worse) results.