Droid taking a beating.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I was at the gym on the elliptical machine and when I was reaching up to turn it off, my arm caught in my headphone wire; the phone shot from the waist band of my shorts and came to a stop 15 feet away in front of the treadmills. I picked it up, looked it over and was pleasantly surprised to see no scratches or any other damage.

So that was awesome there was no damage. I bought a case and screen protector.

Ironically I pulled the phone out of my pocket today and somehow, even though I had only dropped it once and caused no damage, I somehow managed(with my phone in my pocket) to dent the external speaker cover :( I haven't noticed any sound quality change and the dent isn't 'noticeable' to the eyes very well, but I can feel it when I run my finger over it.

Is it right in/near the middle? Mine has it to now that I run my finger over it. Don't think it's anything you/I did.... anyone else notice this?

Mine is near the middle, but... I don't know, it looks like I did it :| lol

dreg

Reaction score
I'm surprised they replaced it for free is that normal? My clerk said there would be a big penalty water damage. I assume garlic butter counts.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Knock on wood. I haven't dropped it yet, had a close call fumble. But I managed to grab it before I lost it completely.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
First week I got the Droid , I managed to bend the speeaker grill with no efort trying to pull the battery out , it's so damn fragile . I made a custom tool to fit under it and straighten it out , looks like new . All my previous phones were violently impacted at some point and survived with only few scratches , I'm scared to take this phone out of the house because I don't think it'll survive the first drop , especially when hearing stories with shattered screens from 2 feet drops .

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My speaker grill has a dent in the middle also - don't know when or why it happened but you can dent the hell out of it since it's just a pretty cover for the hole where the music comes out. You could probably remove it entirely.

zero7starz

Reaction score
Mines had some fingerprints on it :D (granted its only 3 days old...)

the G1 however has gone through some abuse!!! Its been dropped (and rolled) down the drive way, dropped on pavement, tumbled off tables and desks... taken apart, put back together. All this with out a case!!! After, however, I bought a case for it I haven't dropped it since, go figure.

lschicky

Reaction score
My old Palm Treo took a beating before I got the Omnia (which is predating the Droid I get on tues)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I stepped on my Droid , almost 180 pounds full force . The SEIDO case jumped from it but there are no visible damages , only the slider seems to open a little easier .

NoKz

Reaction score
I was running across a street X-Mas eve and it flew out of my pocket and slammed into the street. I picked it up and had a couple minor scratches on the side of my once perfect droid. I then immediately went online and purchased the Seidio case. I haven't dropped it since, go figure. -_-

P_McNeal

Reaction score
I put mine in a shirt pocket, then moved something heavy outside. It dove about three feet to concrete, knocking the cheap mall-kiosk case partly off (did it's job of absorbing the brunt of the fall, though). Put it back in my pocket and managed to drop it twice more before I wised up
There are some slight scuff marks on the side, but it's otherwise fine.