1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid TABLET

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by fireman27c, May 25, 2010.

1. fireman27c

fireman27c New Member

2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. xconwayx

xconwayx New Member

This is kind of interesting, but 1.6 though?
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Send me your 136 bucks I'll rip you off and you'll still have probably made out better than if you had bought that giant cheap piece of ****.
  5. gardobus

gardobus New Member

^ iPad guy
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Your point? It's a 136 bucks of garbage. 128MB RAM, slow CPU, and I'm sure the battery life is junk (they don't even mention the size but the last time someone posted one of these JunkPads it had a battery life of just more than the Droid cell phone). Not to mention it's running one of the oldest versions of the Android OS really limiting an already inferior app store.

This is designed to rip off idiots that want the iPad but either can't afford or are afraid to buy the iPad and end up pissing away 136 bucks.

Trust me, Chinese Apple knockoffs always suck. I was once one of those idiots. Before I bought the iPhone on ATT when it first came out I ordered one of the knockoff phones from China just like this iPad clone. It was the biggest piece of garbage known to man and I ended up buying the iPhone anyhow (I later ditched the iPhone because it sucked ass back then, but that's another story).

Go ahead, order one, and see who's right.
  7. gardobus

gardobus New Member

LOL relax, I know its a POS, I didn't say it was anything other than that.
  8. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

I'm still holding out for a Notion Ink Adam if it ever comes to market.
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Those of us lusting after certain Android tablets—like the promising Notion Ink Adam—may have to wait longer than expected. According to a SlashGear tipster, they'll be delayed until fall due to "serious issues" with Nvidia's Tegra 250 chipset. The tablets affected include the Adam, the ICD Ultra and Vega, and a 7-inch Compal tablet. Most were previously expected to launch late summer, but have now been pushed back by as much as two months.
    According to the report, the delays center around stability issues in the next-generation Tegra. It's a broad range of concerns: a combination of hardware and software technical problems, coupled with no finished version of Flash 10.1 for Android. It's a shame, if true, because we've been nothing but impressed so far with Tegra's potential. And the sooner we get more tablets in the marketplace, the sooner consumers have the kind of choices they deserve. [SlashGear]
  10. nagmier

nagmier New Member

That slashgear report was also debunked by slashgear right afterwards iirc... I'm ok with waiting until the holiday shopping season thats when they are really going start hitting the market I would rather wait for an open system with little things like a sd/microsd slot and usb ports
  11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea I been hearing nice things about that Notion Ink one. The ICD one can make calls....lol Some amazing things coming out in the near future. Check the specs in the first link I posted earlier.
  12. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Still that 136$ POS can play Flash giving you a better browsing experience than your precious 1000$ iPad
  13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I get what Matt's saying tho. A knock off electronic device? Thats taking a HUGE risk.

Yall need to check out the recent story about fake Intel cpu's being found on newegg. Its not the same thing, as someone replaced real ones with fake ones, but knock off products are a big risk to take, no matter how much money u spend. U really have no clue whats really inside those things unless you open them up yourself. For all we know, when you try to play Flash on it, it might catch on fire....lol
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

First off, my iPad was 750 dollars, and that was with tax, not 1000. Second, Flash will not run on anything with less than 2.1 and the product linked in the first post for 136 dollars is running 1.6, so you're wrong there too. Third, I don't miss Flash one bit. Name a website that I absolutely need that requires Flash. I can't. I haven't missed it once.
  15. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Not to mention...what are you going to do if it sucks? Try to return it to some Chinese company?
  16. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

thread crossing makes admins mad :)

anyway, for $100 or so... you can't go wrong... though 128mb RAM i doubt it will be of much use
  17. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

That's the point...you CAN go wrong. Unless you don't need the cash, in which case why not just send me a 100 bucks? You're going to get the same quality from me sending you nothing as you are with buying that. It's an absolute waste of money.
  18. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Notice there has been about ZERO information about this tablet since April 8th. A ton of companies promising to deliver and so far...squat.

Dell has that Streak coming out soon, but it's 5 friggin inches and basically is just like a large smartphone.

If something better comes out in the future, I'm all for upgrading from my iPad. But for now I am enjoying the use of my iPad...and of course, Android will take forever to get apps for the Android tablets anyhow, so even if they release something great, in the way of Apps it's going to be crap for a lot longer than the iPad. Hell, the Android market can barely get some of the important apps from the iTunes store...so after Apple has sold about 2 million tablets at least, maybe by then an Android device will come out? And how many people do you think will still be in the market for a tablet?
  19. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 New Member

$750??????
    WHY?
    you can buy a decent computer for that kind of price...holy hell thats a lot for an oversized ipod touch.
  20. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

I can buy a crap bargain computer for that price that gets a fifth of the battery life, takes forever to come out of suspend, frys up like crazy, weighs more, and doesn't have simple easy access apps.

I like that I can just press a button, use an app for a second, and shut it off. Unlike a PC with the whole suspend nonsense.

750 bucks WITH TAX is not a lot of money really. I paid 450 WITHOUT TAX or so for my Droid, and this can do a lot more for a lot longer. So it's worth the price increase.

Once the Incredible gets rooted I'll probably buy one of those too. It's not all that expensive.

Hell, I travel like 75-100,000 miles a year and I don't even have to take it out of my backpack when I go through TSA security (at least for now). That alone is worth it.
Search tags for this page

android tablet forums

droid tablet ass.