Droid TABLET

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by fireman27c, May 25, 2010.

1. fireman27c

fireman27c New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. xconwayx

xconwayx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is kind of interesting, but 1.6 though?

4. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Send me your 136 bucks I'll rip you off and you'll still have probably made out better than if you had bought that giant cheap piece of ****.

5. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^ iPad guy

6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your point? It's a 136 bucks of garbage. 128MB RAM, slow CPU, and I'm sure the battery life is junk (they don't even mention the size but the last time someone posted one of these JunkPads it had a battery life of just more than the Droid cell phone). Not to mention it's running one of the oldest versions of the Android OS really limiting an already inferior app store.

This is designed to rip off idiots that want the iPad but either can't afford or are afraid to buy the iPad and end up pissing away 136 bucks.

Trust me, Chinese Apple knockoffs always suck. I was once one of those idiots. Before I bought the iPhone on ATT when it first came out I ordered one of the knockoff phones from China just like this iPad clone. It was the biggest piece of garbage known to man and I ended up buying the iPhone anyhow (I later ditched the iPhone because it sucked ass back then, but that's another story).

Go ahead, order one, and see who's right.

7. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL relax, I know its a POS, I didn't say it was anything other than that.

8. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still holding out for a Notion Ink Adam if it ever comes to market.

9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Those of us lusting after certain Android tablets—like the promising Notion Ink Adam—may have to wait longer than expected. According to a SlashGear tipster, they'll be delayed until fall due to "serious issues" with Nvidia's Tegra 250 chipset. The tablets affected include the Adam, the ICD Ultra and Vega, and a 7-inch Compal tablet. Most were previously expected to launch late summer, but have now been pushed back by as much as two months.
    According to the report, the delays center around stability issues in the next-generation Tegra. It's a broad range of concerns: a combination of hardware and software technical problems, coupled with no finished version of Flash 10.1 for Android. It's a shame, if true, because we've been nothing but impressed so far with Tegra's potential. And the sooner we get more tablets in the marketplace, the sooner consumers have the kind of choices they deserve. [SlashGear]

10. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That slashgear report was also debunked by slashgear right afterwards iirc... I'm ok with waiting until the holiday shopping season thats when they are really going start hitting the market I would rather wait for an open system with little things like a sd/microsd slot and usb ports

11. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Yea I been hearing nice things about that Notion Ink one. The ICD one can make calls....lol Some amazing things coming out in the near future. Check the specs in the first link I posted earlier.

12. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Still that 136$ POS can play Flash giving you a better browsing experience than your precious 1000$ iPad

13. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I get what Matt's saying tho. A knock off electronic device? Thats taking a HUGE risk.

Yall need to check out the recent story about fake Intel cpu's being found on newegg. Its not the same thing, as someone replaced real ones with fake ones, but knock off products are a big risk to take, no matter how much money u spend. U really have no clue whats really inside those things unless you open them up yourself. For all we know, when you try to play Flash on it, it might catch on fire....lol

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, my iPad was 750 dollars, and that was with tax, not 1000. Second, Flash will not run on anything with less than 2.1 and the product linked in the first post for 136 dollars is running 1.6, so you're wrong there too. Third, I don't miss Flash one bit. Name a website that I absolutely need that requires Flash. I can't. I haven't missed it once.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  15. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to mention...what are you going to do if it sucks? Try to return it to some Chinese company?

Search tags for this page

android tablet forums

droid tablet ass.