Droid Tablet for Buisness - What do you suggest?

kid_3

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyhow, I am looking for suggestions on what Android Tablet to purchase for my business. Here is the rundown of what i need it for (actually, waht my boss needs it for):

The nature of my business requires my boss to travel a few times a year to multiple trade shows where our product is displayed to many potential buyers.

What she would be using this tablet for is:

1- To make and print invoices - printing to a priter with a usb-bluetooth dongle)
2- View and edit excel files.
3- Receive payments (Credit card processing)
3- Show costumers hi res pictures of the product.
4- Viewing PDF
5- General emailing
6- Remote control other computers (office computers)

What I had in mind was either the Motorola Xoom or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
For Invoicing applications i was leaning towards Mobile Biz
I am having a lot of trouble finding a robust Office app.
And for Remote controlling and VPN there are plenty of apps out there - any suggestions?

As you can see I have done a little research, but other peoples suggestions and experiences help me more dancedroid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
You are probably better off going with the Asus transformer. The new Samsung is nice, but it lacks USB ports and others that may be useful for you/her. The Xoom is a good option as well, but for the money I see the transformer as the better deal. Couple the transformer with the keyboard dock and it should have all your needs. ASUS also has their own office suite, but I don't know much about it. Asus also has an IPS display which would be nice for showing off ur product.

If you haven't looked in to the transformer, check their website.

Just want to make sure, have you used a honeycomb tablet yet? Its no where near as fluid as an ipad. I returned my Acer tablet because I felt like HC wasn't quite ready yet, maybe the update has changed things though.

Performance wise each is the same. The transformer and Acer Iconia offer the most additional features though.

Sent from OG Droid sporting SS5.4 w/HoneyGingerComb and Chevy's lv1.0ghz kernal

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyhow, I am looking for suggestions on what Android Tablet to purchase for my business. Here is the rundown of what i need it for (actually, waht my boss needs it for):

The nature of my business requires my boss to travel a few times a year to multiple trade shows where our product is displayed to many potential buyers.

What she would be using this tablet for is:

1- To make and print invoices - printing to a priter with a usb-bluetooth dongle)
2- View and edit excel files.
3- Receive payments (Credit card processing)
3- Show costumers hi res pictures of the product.
4- Viewing PDF
5- General emailing
6- Remote control other computers (office computers)

What I had in mind was either the Motorola Xoom or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
For Invoicing applications i was leaning towards Mobile Biz
I am having a lot of trouble finding a robust Office app.
And for Remote controlling and VPN there are plenty of apps out there - any suggestions?

As you can see I have done a little research, but other peoples suggestions and experiences help me more dancedroid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum. I own a D2G as well as a Xoom. Both has done be great things however when it comes to tablets, many ppl opinions will differ. For PDF files, excel, and word doc I use an app called Office Pro HD. Its not ur usual laptop/desktop office product however it does what it needs to do at a minimum. I can BT files between the Xoom, the D2G and my laptop. In my line of work I do a lot procedures and the need for portability is awesome. I can go to the ball park and still work.
As for Biz Mobile I believe its a pretty app as well. I have friends who uses it and is quite satisfied. There's also in the market an app called Expensify which is for expense reports. It helps with keeping track with Credit Card invoices and other expense needs ur company maybe looking for. There is a website u may wanna look into besides the Android App
If ur looking for quality pictures in conjunction to hi resolution, the Xoom is built for HD. I take pictures with it and I transfer them to my laptop. Its great. I have my own business as well and the need to impress customers is a must. Its a lot better than my D2G I can tell u that much. The Xoom is being used also for my CPR/1st Aid classes. I can run a video to the projector to show demonstrations, to show CPR products, etc.
Basically new tablets that are coming out now-a-days are nearing a laptop compatibility which makes this new age in technology great, especially for business owners. However it doesn't fully compare of course but its pretty close to a minimal.

Good luck and hope u folks find something that will help ur business needs

Droid2Global/Xoom...the hawaiian style

Last edited:
OP
K

kid_3

Reaction score
i really like the specs of the Transformer. Mainly because I can expand on it as time goes by.