Droid system update

KidCuda

Reaction score
Note: this is NOT the 2.1 upgrade

I just got a notification for a system update at 2:30am EST, I installed it but didn't see any difference. Anyone else? Are there any Verizon docs on this?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope no update here,............good thing you noted that its not 2.1. People here on this forum would have been freaking out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
go into settings and scroll down to about phone. Check out the firmware version. It SHOULD say 2.0.1

ts7

Reaction score
Same experience. Noticed Facebook was different but couldn't see anything else that changed. At build esd56 now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

camcrobe

Reaction score
I too was just pushed 2.01 - again. Same build same kernel as was on the phone when I got it last month.

JFDroid

Reaction score
Just found this: Update to 2.0.1 when already installed 2.0.1 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

And yeah, Facebook did update for me... I guess I had the "bad" version of 2.0.1!

There is only 1 version of 2.0.1 for the Droid so I'm not quite following on how you could have had a "bad" version. Maybe the Facebook app updated?

Some people received an error when updating to 2.0.1 where an old version of Facebook was installed with the 2.0.1, and where the most current version of Facebook was not included.

People who got this type of upgrade were limited (somewhere between 15k and 25k people or so), and so these people will see an upgrade to 2.0.1 available even though they already have 2.0.1 (just a version with a missing Facebook update) installed.

Basically, the update is going out to those who didn't get the new version of Facebook with their OTA 2.0.1 update, and that's the only fix included.

This is NOT 2.1 with live wallpapers, etc. I hope this post clears up all confusion about this matter.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Oh thank god you posted this! I got the update this morning and then got worried that I had been hacked!

JFDroid

Reaction score
I too was just pushed 2.01 - again. Same build same kernel as was on the phone when I got it last month.

The kernel won't update since it's technically the same. The only difference for you should be an update in the Facebook application, though I'm not sure exactly how you'd verify a change since I don't know the differences between the old version and the new version (i.e. if they are cosmetic, or under the hood in regard to resource management or how well the app performs, etc.)

All I know is that there was an update for Facebook with 2.0.1 and for some people, their 2.0.1 failed to include the Facebook update so these people will have gotten in the past few days or will still get in the next few days another 2.0.1 update, identical to the 2.0.1 you already have with the exception of an update to Facebook.

jimnutt

Reaction score
That would explain why I had to login to Facebook again this morning. I wondered what the update was, there really wasn't much information about it.

JFDroid

Reaction score
That would explain why I had to login to Facebook again this morning. I wondered what the update was, there really wasn't much information about it.

They weren't going to make this information public... it would look bad. I mean, basically someone (Google or VZW, probably Google...) messed up the 2.0.1 OTA update and caused these 15-25k people to get a messed up 2.0.1 with the old Facebook. That would explain the lack of information.