Droid Sync with Exchange 2003

Glass Twins

Reaction score
I too have the exact same problem!

I can sync my exchange calender, but email just shows a blank black screen (like there are no messages that it finds). But it shows the little spinning cirlce in the upper right corner (like it is doing something). I put in a support ticket with verizon (which I believe is talking to motorola).

PS. it doesnt work even with the "accept all cert" enabled.

I'm SOOOO FRUSTRATED with the DROID. When it works, its GREAT. Problem is, it only works half the time. I continually get a black screen when I hit the email button for my corporate email. I have gone thru two phones, spoke with Verizon and my IT guys at the same time and no one seem to know how to fix this. I NEED to get my emails. Any help out there. I'm convinced that my phone just doesn't get along with my server...any ideas on a fix. Please help.

Ketchup

Reaction score
Save yourself from headaches...

Purchase "Touchdown" in the Marketplace. Best solution out there for the Moto Droid. You can test it out with the trial version.

REMilk

Reaction score
Initially, I had the same problems with MS Exchange. I downloaded the trial version of Touchdown. I entered my corporate email address and password and the server names. Touchdown connected immediately. I then copied over the settings from Touchdown to the email application. Voila! I had access to my company email, (using Droid eMail app) via email and and company calendar (via Droid Corporate Calendar app).

For two weeks I played with the two Droid apps (email and Corporate Calendar) and Touchdown. I preferred Touchdown so I purchased it.

Just me experience, yours may vary.

Bob

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too have the exact same problem!

I can sync my exchange calender, but email just shows a blank black screen (like there are no messages that it finds). But it shows the little spinning cirlce in the upper right corner (like it is doing something). I put in a support ticket with verizon (which I believe is talking to motorola).

PS. it doesnt work even with the "accept all cert" enabled.

I'm SOOOO FRUSTRATED with the DROID. When it works, its GREAT. Problem is, it only works half the time. I continually get a black screen when I hit the email button for my corporate email. I have gone thru two phones, spoke with Verizon and my IT guys at the same time and no one seem to know how to fix this. I NEED to get my emails. Any help out there. I'm convinced that my phone just doesn't get along with my server...any ideas on a fix. Please help.

Pay attention to Ketchup and REMilk. The reviews of Touchdown are almost universally positive. Keep in mind that the folks at Google don't have the strongest possible incentive to encourage the use of a competing email server product (i.e. Exchange) or email client (i.e. Outlook.) But also keep in mind that Exchange is a highly configurable product that makes it difficult for software that is not very sophisticated to deal with all the combinations and permutations it presents. And finally, though your IT folks may be quite competent, if they're running a back rev version of Exchange (2003), they may not fully realize the implications of the settings in their configuration.

In short, get a program (Touchdown) from people whose business is to deal with all this complexity in a variety of environments.

Ketchup

Reaction score
Oh, and if you are looking to get the HTC Incredible ... Touchdown won't really be needed on that device! :icon_ banana:

Weygand

Reaction score
Oh, and if you are looking to get the HTC Incredible ... Touchdown won't really be needed on that device! :icon_ banana:

Unless your company uses self-signed certs for Exchange/SSL. Then expect the device to send you an certificate trust error whenever you switch IP networks.

NetNathan

Reaction score
It would be real nice if you could pick if you want to sync contacts and/or calender. I want to sync my calender but not my contacts. My gmail account has my contacts the way i want them.

Sent from NetNathan's Droid using Tapatalk.