DROID Switching bootup ICONS

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a link in my signature that is a step-by-step guide to rooting. Its all free and like I said within about an hour you will be re-rooted with SPRecovery then from there you can either stick with SPR or get ROM Manager (both free and paid) and flash Clockwork Mod. then you are off and running and will be able to do either a rom or a theme or both.....

This will work as well

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
Unfortunately those "one click" processes cause a lot of issues later on. I do not recommend anyone use the "one click" process or easy root. I have seen too many problems with both.

dlwhtrose; First off thanks for all your help, it was much appreciated. I finally figured out how to restore from my backup that I had made before, and I am back to where I was. I got past the Moto screen and to the home Menu with the Glass Theme that I installed before without the Marketplace. Could you help me find the files that you were previously looking for before I screwed it up again? I just need to get the Marketplace back. Thanks!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
First and foremost -- always make a backup before you make and changes to the operating system (installing a new rom or theme).

In RM you have two options
Download using RM or download to your computer then copy to your phone and update with RM.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Since you do not have the full ROM Manager you may not be able to install through there. So, download the file to your computer (put it on your desktop so that it is easy to find). Mount your droid, drag and drop the file onto the root of your sd card (not in any folder) DO NOT UNZIP IT OR RENAME IT. Unmount your droid from the computer. Boot into recovery (x key and power key). Then choose "install from sd card", locate the file you want and select it. Once its done installing, reboot.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
Since you do not have the full ROM Manager you may not be able to install through there. So, download the file to your computer (put it on your desktop so that it is easy to find). Mount your droid, drag and drop the file onto the root of your sd card (not in any folder) DO NOT UNZIP IT OR RENAME IT. Unmount your droid from the computer. Boot into recovery (x key and power key). Then choose "install from sd card", locate the file you want and select it. Once its done installing, reboot.

Okaayyy... I downloaded the file and it did its thing, I am on the home screen but I still don't see any Marketplace... Huh?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Okaayyy... I downloaded the file and it did its thing, I am on the home screen but I still don't see any Marketplace... Huh?

Check yor app drawer