DROID Switching bootup ICONS

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
You could download a Rom from DF and install Rom from sdcard in Rom Manager.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

Great. I looked in the DF for Themes, and I found one called FRG22_MotaBoy_D2_Black_Theme that looked cool, so I connected my phone to my PC and dragged it to the Folder. I went to ROM Manager, and clicked Install ROM from SD card. I enabled the two options that you told me to enable, and then it downloaded. Then when my phone went to reboot, it is now stuck on the Motorola screen.

Nice. I am a failure. :icon_evil:

I tried putting it into Clockwork, and erasing all data and re-booting but it just stays on the Motorola screen. What do I do now???

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You are not a failure. Okay, first go back to the recovery menu and wipe everything again, then reboot. I have another rescue squad member reading this thread to see what we can do to get you fixed. I think at this point you are going to have to change recoveries and then download a rom with google apps to get your droid fixed. then you can change it however you want. But I am trying to confirm this..... For right now go into your recovery wipe everything and reboot. Let me know when you are booted back up.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And in steps more help, lol:)

smoked glass theme, black glass theme, doesn't matter much.

Personally, I'd start over. Unroot, then reroot. That way you know you are starting with a clean slate. The RS Guides section has a couple of methods of doing so. The one I'm most familiar with is rsd lite and sbf. 3rd link in my signature. That first post also tells you how to do a backup.

You need to get back to the state so you can install a rom. The free RM version should let you install at least one rom. Using RM flash alternative recovery tool, then flash clockwork again, see if that helps, if not use the suggested link to install rsd lite.

Someone else also just posted this, in the news section: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/75015-how-root-droid-2-2-out-rsdlite.html

I highly suggest reading through this material, understanding what each step does, then proceeding. It also is a good idea to know how to undo what is about to be done in case you don't like the results.

Choose a method, use RSD Lite or the other post, but get your phone back to stock, then root again. Any questions are best asked before selecting an option as lots here will lend a hand.

Don't worry about your contacts and your apps. They are safe up in the cloud. Once you get the market and gmail back it will all sync up again. If you see your contacts at gmail.com you are good to go.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You could download a Rom from DF and install Rom from sdcard in Rom Manager.

Great. I looked in the DF for Themes, and I found one called FRG22_MotaBoy_D2_Black_Theme that looked cool, so I connected my phone to my PC and dragged it to the Folder. I went to ROM Manager, and clicked Install ROM from SD card. I enabled the two options that you told me to enable, and then it downloaded. Then when my phone went to reboot, it is now stuck on the Motorola screen.

Nice. I am a failure. :icon_evil:

I tried putting it into Clockwork, and erasing all data and re-booting but it just stays on the Motorola screen. What do I do now???

It seems to me you keep trying to install themes not Roms. Wipe data and cache again, reboot and check the sapphire wiki for gapps. Not on my PC so I can't link you.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
You are not a failure. Okay, first go back to the recovery menu and wipe everything again, then reboot. I have another rescue squad member reading this thread to see what we can do to get you fixed. I think at this point you are going to have to change recoveries and then download a rom with google apps to get your droid fixed. then you can change it however you want. But I am trying to confirm this..... For right now go into your recovery wipe everything and reboot. Let me know when you are booted back up.

I cleared All User Data, and also cache. Then I clicked Reboot device, and it is still stuck on the Motorola screen. Not getting past that. HELP?

Last edited:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By any chance are you using easy root??? If so, stop. Follow the link in my signature and re-root and get back to a clean slate. Then we can address whether you want a rom or just a theme and go from there.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
By any chance are you using easy root??? If so, stop. Follow the link in my signature and re-root and get back to a clean slate. Then we can address whether you want a rom or just a theme and go from there.

I DID NOT use EasyRoot. I used this link that I saw on DROIDLIFE just a few hours ago:
How to: Root Android 2.2 for the Motorola DROID

My Current problem is that I do not know how to return to the home screen. I am stuck at the Motorola Screen, and I've tried clearing all data and Rebooting but it is still the same.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I DID NOT use EasyRoot. I used this link that I saw on DROIDLIFE just a few hours ago:

My Current problem is that I do not know how to return to the home screen. I am stuck at the Motorola Screen, and I've tried clearing all data and Rebooting but it is still the same.

So much for "avoiding a long drawn out process like rsd lite".

If you keep coming up to the (M) logo screen and the phone just reboots can you get into recovery mode by holding down the X key and not letting go of it as it boots up? From there you can flash a rom but you need to get it onto your phone. I'm not familiar with Clockwork but with SPRecovery you can mount your card from recovery. You can work through the missing pieces and try and get things going, and most likely succeed but I think getting back to stock and starting over will be a faster solution. Up to you which path you want to take, folks will be glad to lend a hand either way.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score

So much for "avoiding a long drawn out process like rsd lite".

If you keep coming up to the (M) logo screen and the phone just reboots can you get into recovery mode by holding down the X key and not letting go of it as it boots up? From there you can flash a rom but you need to get it onto your phone. I'm not familiar with Clockwork but with SPRecovery you can mount your card from recovery. You can work through the missing pieces and try and get things going, and most likely succeed but I think getting back to stock and starting over will be a faster solution. Up to you which path you want to take, folks will be glad to lend a hand either way.

OK. I was able to MOUNT my Droid to the PC, can you lead me step by step on what to do? It is MUCH appreciated.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the quickest and fastest way to get you back up and running is going to be to re-root your phone. I am not sure what all has happened inside your Droid and it could take us hours trying to figure out what one thing make all this happen. The main goal is to get you up and functioning. So I suggest you start all over and re-root the phone. You would be back up running in less than an hour.

OP
KShizzle

KShizzle

Reaction score
the quickest and fastest way to get you back up and running is going to be to re-root your phone. I am not sure what all has happened inside your Droid and it could take us hours trying to figure out what one thing make all this happen. The main goal is to get you up and functioning. So I suggest you start all over and re-root the phone. You would be back up running in less than an hour.

OK but the question I need to know is HOW do I re-root it? I don't feel like going through an entire process, because the way I rooted it was just with a click of a button. Is there any other way??

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a link in my signature that is a step-by-step guide to rooting. Its all free and like I said within about an hour you will be re-rooted with SPRecovery then from there you can either stick with SPR or get ROM Manager (both free and paid) and flash Clockwork Mod. then you are off and running and will be able to do either a rom or a theme or both.....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
KShizzle, you are not a failure. There are so many variables it is very easy to get confused. My sense is you have downloaded a theme instead of a rom.

You are in very good hands with dlwhtrose and tallica.

We are really fortunate to have such an excellent team of individuals who are very willing to give their time to help others.

Way to go Rescue Squad!

Mike

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OK but the question I need to know is HOW do I re-root it? I don't feel like going through an entire process, because the way I rooted it was just with a click of a button. Is there any other way??

IMO, one click methods are unreliable. Try link 3 in my sig