droid suggestions

kechamb

Reaction score
I will be in the market for a new phone when my verizon update is due next month and right now I am leaning strongly toward the droid 2 but have a vew questions/concerns. My main concern about it is recent signal/drop call issues I have read about and how well the music player works. I have also considered the Incredible but the shorter battery life turns me away and the Droid X is just a little to big. Thanks for any help you can give in helping me make the decision

maxnicks

Reaction score
Yeah, you're going to be pissed at yourself if you rush out now and get a phone. Wait until November/December comes around. There are some amazing devices rolling out during that time frame. 2 Ghz Moto phone, LG with their duo core phones... the list goes on. shouldn't be too hard to research online.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
@max - you know, 'waiting til xxxx when xxxxx comes out" theory is always flawed. Because when you wait, it won't be too long before a NEWER BETTER phone comes out.

Another way to think about it is around October, there will be MAJOR price drops on existing Droids. I was up for contract renewal in March, right before D2 came out. I got a D1 for 19.99. And a D2 for free under warranty....

Timing has been absolutely perfect for me and I realize I'm more lucky than anything, but people were telling me "wait til the Droid x, incredible, 2, comes out....."

Glad I didn't, now

maxnicks

Reaction score
@mcatdtDroid - Valid points. For me it's going to make sense to wait. I'm not in that "magic" luck phase. by waiting I'll be able to slide into it. With that said I'll refer back to your original post. I've been so stoked with my Droid 1 that I'd be hard pressed not to go with the Droid 2. I've played with a friends d2. The little bumps on the keyboard would almost be enough to make me buy it. Seems to be a good phone. Back in my WinMo days I was always happy with the Samsungs so I'd want to check out the Samsung Android phones too.