Droid sucks after latest update

sinistersix

Reaction score
Im sure there are quite a few posts on this, but its finally starting to annoy me. I loved my droid before the latest update, but now my battery lasts half a day, everything, even texting is slow. The phone just totally seems to be bogged down post update, do they have a new one coming out soon?

xpezdj

Reaction score
I've been having the same problems.. pretty annoying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

sinistersix

Reaction score
my wifes droid x is still fast and works great, it just seems like the update totally killed my love for this phone.

jeepxj96

Reaction score
same here. im running stock 2.2, with launcher pro. my phone will be really quick and snappy. then randomly just laggy and slow. i dont know what to do to fix it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sinistersix if you haven't installed any new apps then perform a factory reset. It should clear up your issue(s)

If you have installed new apps since the update you should uninstall them one by one until you see the issue(s) subside.

OP
S

sinistersix

Reaction score
Im not really an app guy so I dont have a ton on the phone, if I do a factory reset will it wipe everything off the phone ?

fox_dye

Reaction score
Yeah it will wipe all apps off the phone but the new froyo market will do an auto download when you sign back in to Google after the wipe. So it should restore all downloaded apps.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

OP
S

sinistersix

Reaction score
how do I factory reset? As long as all the contacts and apps return it should be straight

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As Fox said above yest it will wipe everything clean. When you sign back in everything will download again. Apps /contacts will restore

Factory Resets are great if you've troubleshooted to no avail.

Good luck and let us know if it solved your issue.

Josefius

Reaction score
Sinistersix if you haven't installed any new apps then perform a factory reset. It should clear up your issue(s)

If you have installed new apps since the update you should uninstall them one by one until you see the issue(s) subside.

This is true, I recently got a replacement Droid 1 with 2.2 already installed on it, my old phone was a Droid 1 that had two updates from 2.1 to 2.2 to the newer 2.2 and it was bogged down and slow. Even after Google apps installed all my previous apps, it's still fast and awesome.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i'm on droid 1 with the latest update my phone works fine...

in fact my battery life is even better than before

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how do I factory reset?

I don't have a D2, but here is what I found:

1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons downuntil a yellow triangle appears.
3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.