Droid stuck on Motorola logo, won't boot

M1LL5

Reaction score
So I rooted my Droid, installed BB. I was having issues with it, so decided to restore to my backup that I made beforehand. After performing the restore, my Droid is now stuck at the Motorola "M" and won't go any further. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure I've got people trying to get a hold of me.

I'd really like to avoid having to wipe everything and start from scratch, but if that's my only option, i understand. I'm just hoping someone can help me with an alternative before I get to that point.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you tried just doing restore from simple nandroid backup; latest.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
uhh you just said you tried to restore from back up; my bad.

OP
M

M1LL5

Reaction score
problem solved, all is well again.

i tried both basic and advanced restore, neither of them worked. but after doing some tinkering with something i was sure wouldn't work, it came back to life. it had to happen after i started a thread. of course....

thanks for the quick response though, pilot.

mods can delete this thread now.

RoLa

Reaction score
problem solved, all is well again.

i tried both basic and advanced restore, neither of them worked. but after doing some tinkering with something i was sure wouldn't work, it came back to life. it had to happen after i started a thread. of course....

thanks for the quick response though, pilot.

mods can delete this thread now.
Wait ......so the Advanced nandroid restore DIDN'T work....just took some tinkering huh? :wacko: I'll have to try this....

Last edited:
OP
M

M1LL5

Reaction score
yeah...not exactly sure how it came back, but i obviously did something right :icon_eek: not gonna question it, just happy it worked. time for the happy dance.

imiller913

Reaction score
yeah this happened to mine I had to take the battery out for a couple of mins and things have been fine since then.

sp00ki3

Reaction score
Mine is stuck now too lol

jus rooted last night. installed Rom Manager downloaded cyanogen 5.0.6
when it came to install I forgot to check “Backup Existing ROM” and “Wipe Data and Cache”. it rebooted to recovery install went fine. but is not stuck on the Motorola Logo on the boot up..

trying a long batery pull now but anyone have any ideas?

sszymczak

Reaction score
I'm having this problem too. I can't access any screens since it's stuck on the Moto logo. Anyone know how I can do a restore and start over?

Edit: I was finally able to reboot into recovery and restored a backup from a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

littlerick

Reaction score
mine has been doing this everytime i reboot my phone, i have to reinstall a rom (and always have to clear cache/factory reset or it wont work either)

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
exactly same thing is happening right now...dammit
Mine is stuck now too lol

jus rooted last night. installed Rom Manager downloaded cyanogen 5.0.6
when it came to install I forgot to check “Backup Existing ROM” and “Wipe Data and Cache”. it rebooted to recovery install went fine. but is not stuck on the Motorola Logo on the boot up..

trying a long batery pull now but anyone have any ideas?

sp00ki3

Reaction score
i don't remember what i did to fix it. but I did fix it.

Try getting into clockworkmod with the keyboard short cuts, i don't recall what they are right now. and see about reinstalling or restoring a backup.