Droid Stuck on Error Messages

sigmapinick

Reaction score
First let me preface this by saying yes I am an idiot that completely screwed up my droid by playing around with rooting it and installing a new rom. All scrutiny aside can anyone help me to get my phone working again.

Currently my phone is stuck in a neverending loop saying two errors "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectidly" and "The application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectidly" I can hit force close for days and it just keeps relaunching them.

Now I will tell you how I got in this mess. A few days ago I manually updated to Froyo (not rooted at the time) and have been very disappointed with it (its slow, sirius doesnt work, bluetooth doesnt work right etc). From doing some research online the forums told me I couldn't go back to 2.1 without rooting the phone and recommended to use easy root. I figured screw it for 99 cents if I can get my sirius back and enjoy my phone again I would give it a try.

I rooted the phone using easy root and then using the rom tool provided with easy root I loaded the 2.1 under cyanogen mod selecting to wipe the cache, but not creating a back up. It went through the process and when it rebooted I got all of these errors. Now my phone wont do crap. I tried everything under the screen that you get when you hold in x and power up and have gotten nowhere. Even after factory reset it still has errors.

Please help me. This is a work phone and the boss isn't going to be too happy with me if I don't get this fixed.

Thanks
Nick

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First let me preface this by saying yes I am an idiot that completely screwed up my droid by playing around with rooting it and installing a new rom. All scrutiny aside can anyone help me to get my phone working again.

Currently my phone is stuck in a neverending loop saying two errors "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectidly" and "The application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectidly" I can hit force close for days and it just keeps relaunching them.

Now I will tell you how I got in this mess. A few days ago I manually updated to Froyo (not rooted at the time) and have been very disappointed with it (its slow, sirius doesnt work, bluetooth doesnt work right etc). From doing some research online the forums told me I couldn't go back to 2.1 without rooting the phone and recommended to use easy root. I figured screw it for 99 cents if I can get my sirius back and enjoy my phone again I would give it a try.

I rooted the phone using easy root and then using the rom tool provided with easy root I loaded the 2.1 under cyanogen mod selecting to wipe the cache, but not creating a back up. It went through the process and when it rebooted I got all of these errors. Now my phone wont do crap. I tried everything under the screen that you get when you hold in x and power up and have gotten nowhere. Even after factory reset it still has errors.

Please help me. This is a work phone and the boss isn't going to be too happy with me if I don't get this fixed.

Thanks
Nick

What recovery (sprecovery or clockwork) do you have on the phone. Do you have a good nandroid backup on the phone? Do you have rom zip file on your phone?

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
oops

I dont have a nandroid. not even sure what that is. I did have the 2.2 rom update zip on my micro sd. I took it off, but its still on my comp. I did try to use it in the screen where you hold x and power on and it wouldnt work after i screwed everything up.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So you're saying nothing comes up when you hold x and power, just moto M??

$.02, spend it as you please.

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
well i am on to a new issue. i was able to use some sort of technique where i completely wiped the droid and restored it to original verizon settings. so i am at least up and running, but now i am running firmware version 2.0 (i started with 2.1) build ESD20... I have email and phone up and running and ver importantly my sirius works again, but most of my other apps I have downloaded dont work and force close before opening. Ideally i would like to get back to what I had when i first bought got my droid in July 2010. Whatever that build of the firmwarre was is what I want back. I had upgraded to 2.2 and found there were just too many issues with it. any ideas how to get me back to what i had with 2.1? At least the total disaster was averted. Any help is appreciated to get my phone back up and running apps.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I assume you used rsdlite to flash back to that build. If the 2.1 ota didn't download you probably won't get it. You may get 2.2 when your turn comes around, as the ota is up and running for that. There is a manual update to stock unrooted 2.1 around here. On my phone and don't remember where the link is. Also I believe a manual update to 2.2 is around as well. Although not sure if you need root for that.

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
I have been looking for the manual update to 2.1... cant find an active download link anywhere. 2.2 is def around and easy to do but the 2.2 build is horrible. my phone got ridic non-responsive, sirius wouldnt work, the bluetooth in my car stopped working to use voice dial etc. i def dont want that crappy 2.2 build until it has the bugs worked out and from what I see the ota is the same as the manual build.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'll see if I can find it.....if it helps the build is ESE81