Droid Stuck on Error Message

sigmapinick

Reaction score
First let me preface this by saying yes I am an idiot that completely screwed up my droid by playing around with rooting it and installing a new rom. All scrutiny aside can anyone help me to get my phone working again.

Currently my phone is stuck in a neverending loop saying two errors "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectidly" and "The application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectidly" I can hit force close for days and it just keeps relaunching them.

Now I will tell you how I got in this mess. A few days ago I manually updated to Froyo (not rooted at the time) and have been very disappointed with it (its slow, sirius doesnt work, bluetooth doesnt work right etc). From doing some research online the forums told me I couldn't go back to 2.1 without rooting the phone and recommended to use easy root. I figured screw it for 99 cents if I can get my sirius back and enjoy my phone again I would give it a try.

I rooted the phone using easy root and then using the rom tool provided with easy root I loaded the 2.1 under cyanogen mod selecting to wipe the cache, but not creating a back up. It went through the process and when it rebooted I got all of these errors. Now my phone wont do crap. I tried everything under the screen that you get when you hold in x and power up and have gotten nowhere. Even after factory reset it still has errors.

Please help me. This is a work phone and the boss isn't going to be too happy with me if I don't get this fixed.

Thanks
Nick

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
the links are broken.. i am willing to restore completely.. but I cant without the files... anyone know where else to get them"?

harrellj

Reaction score
Which links? Both the VZW .sbf files from the post are working for me (heck, I'm downloading them myself as a just in case :p).

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
Thanks i will give it a try.. if anyone has a less destructive idea i would appreciate it and I will keep checking back

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
how about the last download the drivers? it just takes you to the website.

harrellj

Reaction score
Weirdly, I can download the drivers no problem. Which ones do you need? 32-bit or 64-bit?

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
32 it just takes me to the website. i think i found them. are they just the usb drivers?

harrellj

Reaction score
Yep, just the USB drivers (unless you have some alternative method of connecting your phone and your computer :icon_eek:) :p

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
got em... now i am just waiting on the vzw file to finish.. its freaking slow. thanks for you help i hope it works or I am out 500 bucks

OP
S

sigmapinick

Reaction score
haha thanks... its doing something.. hopefully it is something good.