1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Stuck on Endless Motorola Logo!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MapleSh0sh0, Jul 24, 2010.

1. MapleSh0sh0

MapleSh0sh0 New Member

Someone help, I was running 2.1 NexBeast v1.1, then I went to install a custom kernel from my SD Card on Rom Manager then went to recovery mode, did the steps, rebooted. Now I'm stuck!
  2. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

Does the phone not boot normally or can u just not get into clockwork recovery?
  3. Russ2387

Russ2387 New Member

Go back and wipe 3 times then reboot. It should boot then
    It happens alot don't worry
  4. Russ2387

Russ2387 New Member

To do this Yank out battery. Then put back in. Reboot holding x button then wipe 3 times. Ignore the "are you sure" warnings.
  5. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I'm sorry, but I don't see why repeated wipes would make the phone work all of a sudden for this particular issue.

I do not believe the OP's issue is with the ROM (which sometimes requires multiple wipes, still I don't know why there either) but the kernal he loaded, can you boot to recovery, restore your backup and retry with a different kernal?
  6. Russ2387

Russ2387 New Member

Ahhh. Didn't realize it was just a kernal. Did u do a backup? If so use it.
  7. Crone

Crone New Member

I'm having the same issue. Wiping the data any number of times doesn't make a difference. I've been told I have to flash to 2.1 through RSDLite, but I don't know how to do this when I can't get boot the phone, to get a new kernel, or new ROM on to restore from.
  8. MapleSh0sh0

MapleSh0sh0 New Member

Hey guys, thanks for all the tips! Btw, yes, I was able to get into ClockWorkMod Recovery mode, and I had backups from yesterday. But when I used them and rebooted, I still was on the constant M loop. But I fixed it eventually by just wiping factory/reset data, then wiping the cache then restoring my backup. Thanks! :)
  9. christim

christim Super Moderator

Did you use RSD Lite to originally root your phone? There are directions to flash to 2.1 as well as 2.01 in my signature, 3rd link.

It seems like you also are saying you don't have a backup to restore to.

It also sounds like you have already wiped all existing data off of your phone.

Whichever rom you have now you can reinstall from scratch. If you have a bootloop still then you can use RSD Lite to flash the ese81 rom or the stock 2.01 rom and then go from there.

I'll add that within SPRecovery you can mount your card without booting up your phone. That will let you get roms into place for flashing.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010