1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid stuck on CM 7 logo screen

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Matchstick0311, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Matchstick0311

Matchstick0311 New Member

Hi Folks,

Im new to the rooting scene as well as anything regarding custom ROMS. I've rooted my device (Moto Droid) I have backups with Titanium and ClockWork. Basically I successfully installed CM 7 and then wanted to grab some gapps from Rom Manager. I downloaded the Google Apps rom and tried to install over CM 7 and then my phone reset and now its stuck on the CM 7 logo. I've tried to boot into recovery but it loads the same way. Im not really sure were to go from here. Any help or assistance would be appreciated because as I said Im a noob to this field.
  2. Matchstick0311

Also if I plug in via USB I get the same logo. Am I just not patient enough? Ive let it sit for 15 minutes or so and still nothing. I hope I didnt brick my phone :(
  3. calidmb

calidmb New Member

I would try flashing your nandroid backup and starting from scratch with cm7. Let it flash gapps and cm7 together

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Your bootloops are most likely being caused by the wacky kernel that's supplied with the current cm7. A lot of people are having issues with it and have solved it by flashing an alternate kernel. I suggest prime's deprimed kernel.

Download rom, gapps, and kernel separately (don't use rom manager) and move them to your sd card. Then boot into clockwork recovery; wipe (times 4), then flash cm7, then flash gapps, then flash the kernel. Then reboot and you should be good to go.
  5. Matchstick0311

Thanks for all your help Sbenson. A bit of an update for yall, I did some research, some trial and error, and now my phone is working fine with CM7. No boot loop, all gapps. I havent installed that kernel but I may do so here soon just to see how much better it works for me. Ill let you know how it goes for me. Again thanks for all your help. . .greatly appreciated.
Search tags for this page

android logo stuck cm7

cm 7 logo stuck droid

cyanogen freezing on logo

stuck on cyanogenmod logo

stuck on cyanogenmod splash screen