Droid stuck at M logo

doublea500

Reaction score
i use cm3 nightly as my rom. i wanted to use rzr recovery so i used the .zip and flashed it. it worked well and i had the recovery. then i flashed the new cm5 nightly rom with it and made a backup once i installed the cm5 rom. however i got stuck at the M logo when i tried to boot. im not sure if its the rom thats doing it. however i used a .sbf to get back to clockwork recovery and i still get the M logo. my droid only has around 50% battery so i dont want to do something dumb with the small time i got left on it. should i do a recovery to another rom? should i do a rsd thing? please help me!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
i use cm3 nightly as my rom. i wanted to use rzr recovery so i used the .zip and flashed it. it worked well and i had the recovery. then i flashed the new cm5 nightly rom with it and made a backup once i installed the cm5 rom. however i got stuck at the M logo when i tried to boot. im not sure if its the rom thats doing it. however i used a .sbf to get back to clockwork recovery and i still get the M logo. my droid only has around 50% battery so i dont want to do something dumb with the small time i got left on it. should i do a recovery to another rom? should i do a rsd thing? please help me!!
try to manually boot into recovery and flash a backup if you have one.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
try to manually boot into recovery and flash a backup if you have one.

a backup of an old rom you mean right?

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
ok ill try it. i really really hope it works

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
crap............ didnt do that. will it matter?

Last edited:
OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
wait edit!!! it works!!!!! wow am i relieved! i was crapping my pants lol, ripping out my hair. as if it was the day when i got my boot thing repeated. 20% left to spare too:D, woulda been screwed if it didnt work. sorry for my language but im so happy! thank god! i can finally go to sleep! im skipping the cm5 nightly, waiting for cm6. i will never go back to 5 lol:D. thanks for the help

edit:kinda ironic considering that the main factor was the battery and that rzr recovery charges the battery. what i probably would of done is flash the rzr recovery back then charge to 100% then i woulda restored it.

Last edited:
OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
awesome, as long as the phone turns on even if it won't boot there is generally always a way to recover it.

yep, my droids a tank:D. gotta learn this the hard way. well the good thing that came out of this is now i know how to use rsdlite. and now i have another "way out" to keep my phone safe (rzr battery charge).