Droid stopped playing .mp4

g8gt2012

Reaction score
About a couple of weeks ago I transferred roughly 1GB of music to my Droid. Most of the file were bought from iTunes and were .mp4/.m4a. They played fine until yesterday, they just all of a sudden stopped playing. I've put iTunes songs on my phone before and this is the first time it's happened. The music player I was using was Music Mod, but they don't play on the stock player, Mixzing, or Cubed. Any suggestions?

D

dvdcatalyst

About a couple of weeks ago I transferred roughly 1GB of music to my Droid. Most of the file were bought from iTunes and were .mp4/.m4a. They played fine until yesterday, they just all of a sudden stopped playing. I've put iTunes songs on my phone before and this is the first time it's happened. The music player I was using was Music Mod, but they don't play on the stock player, Mixzing, or Cubed. Any suggestions?

if the same files played before, it is possible that you played 1 file that was corrupt/non-working, which caused complications in the phones memory in regards of media playback. In most cases, a battery-pull can fix the problem.

pissedoffgokart

Reaction score
Me too...

First post. Howdy. I can usually figure these things out myself but this one has me perplexed. I have several movies on my phone in MP4 format that I have had no problems watching up until last night. Neither Mixzing and even the stock player says "cannot display or play". The only thing that is different is that I downloaded the latest firmware update (2.3.20). Did the update change video compatability? I can still play video recorded by the phone with both players. I attempted to reload videos from my home computer and the results were the same.

******Sorry, wrong forum. Didn't see the Droid2 specific forums. Leaving post as the solution might be the same******

Last edited:
OP
g8gt2012

g8gt2012

Reaction score

if the same files played before, it is possible that you played 1 file that was corrupt/non-working, which caused complications in the phones memory in regards of media playback. In most cases, a battery-pull can fix the problem.

Thanks dvd that worked perfectly, would there be a way to tell which file was the corrupt/messed up one?

Christy

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. I had to reset my phone to the original settings due to another issue and, since then, it randomly stops recognizing my music files. If I want to play one of the files (.mp4) it says "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" even though I played these same songs all the time before I did the factory re-set. I have one of the songs I downloaded onto the SD card as my ringtone and it stops using it after about 24 hours and defaults to a canned ringtone. If I take out the battery and remove the SD card and then put them back in and replace them it will play the files again. However, it stops again after about 24 hours and re-sets my ringtone as well. Any thoughts on how to repair this issue without having to do a phone re-set again?? Thank you!

Update - I also tried to re-format my sd card and it stopped playing the files again 24 hours later. Then, I deleted the m4a files and used mp3 files and it still didn't play. I do not think it is the files, it must be the phone. I did not have this issue before I did the phone re-set. It played all the files just fine before.

Last edited: