Droid still tied to another number help

Snow02

Reaction score
What has happened is the person that used to have the phone has not been paying their bill. That's why outgoing calls cannot be placed. If they are under contract, which is likely, the esn will be blacklisted as soon as service is completely cut off for non-payment.

And I'll be honest, this sounds suspect. Your brother in law should be able to put you in touch with who he got the phone from to figure this out. Mods should probably lock this up.

Last edited:
OP
A

aslow96teg

Reaction score
What has happened is the person that used to have the phone has not been paying their bill. That's why outgoing calls cannot be placed. If they are under contract, which is likely, the esn will be blacklisted as soon as service is completely cut off for non-payment.

And I'll be honest, this sounds suspect. Your brother in law should be able to put you in touch with who he got the phone from to figure this out. Mods should probably lock this up.
dude if you think I stole the phone go ahead and say it. I will give you the esn myself so you can check it out.

and if you have a problem with me pm me or report me.

Have a nice day

Snow02

Reaction score
I'm just saying there's nothing further we can help you with. Your need to talk to the last owner and verizon.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't think he is saying you stole the phone. What he is trying to say is that the phone is still active on someone else's account. Chances are whoever gave or sold your b in law the phone probably didn't pay their bill or the phone was still under contract. I bought a phone from someone on craigslist and went to activate it but couldn't unless the previous owner put another phone on that phone number b/c they were still under contract. Fortunately i was able to contact the person who sold me the phone and get my money back. Unfortunately, people sell phones once craigslist with bad esn numbers all the time, usually b/c they haven't paid their bill or are still under contract.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
"How do I activate this phone" threads started by people with zero posts are generally from people who stole the phone or got it from someone who did. The other possibility is the phone was sold by someone that knows it couldn't be activated. In those cases the purchaser would tend to deal with the seller.

But yes, when "a friend" or "a relative" gave them the phone, it's usually stolen. In this case, if the phone was purchased from a company and couldn't be activated, a logical person would get in touch with that company first, rather than come here.

That's not to say it holds true for every case, but generally. Again, either way there's nothing anyone here can do.