Droid still a buy?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you already have a family plan and you're renewing, you can do that through Amazon. I did, even kept my legacy 1000 minutes for $70 plan.

Nope, Amazon has it's own contracts and they don't have the family plan. You're going to have to go with Verizon it appears. They do have a bogo though, at least last week there was one.

Same here. My wife's phone purchased through Amazon simply added her to our legacy plan. When I called to activate the phone, the VZW couldn't find the new purchase. Asked where I purchased the phone. Told her from Amazon. She said, "OK. Got it." No other difference.

Darkseider

Reaction score
iphone os 4 is about on par with android v1.6. So I suggest getting a droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Jump on the Moto Droid...

Best Android Phone out right now.

HTC is, dare I say, not the best quality Android device around : )

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Went to the dentist today, asked the person who cleans my teeth if they've hopped on the smart phone bandwagon. She said not them but that they got their son a Droid for his birthday, today! Told her to write down this forum as a great resource. He's not a big texter/phone user but is up on all things tech. I told her it was a good choice then. Droids are definitely still selling, the ads are stilling plugging them on TV.

OP
frozty

frozty

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm sure that I'll be happy with a droid for a wile its a upgrade coming from a guy with a LG Dare :[

tliebeck

Reaction score
I purchased a Nexus One and G1 for Android software testing after having had a Droid since launch day. Have an iPhone 3G as well.

My ideal phone would be a Nexus One board, the Droid's display, and the G1 keyboard in a Droid enclosure. Overall though, the Droid is still my pick.

A large part of the reasoning is the fact that I don't like on-screen keyboards. I have no issue with them in terms of typing speed, but rather I don't want them consuming screen real estate, which can be critical in apps like an RDP/VNC/SSH client, or a game.

If you don't care about having a keyboard, I'd suggest the N1 or Incredible. They are considerably faster for web browsing.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
If you want a physical keyboard then go with the droid. If you don't want the physical keyboard then go with the HTC Incredible or Google Nexus One. Another big thing is the Incredible has an 8mp camera and droid has a 5mp camera.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want a physical keyboard then go with the droid. If you don't want the physical keyboard then go with the HTC Incredible or Google Nexus One. Another big thing is the Incredible has an 8mp camera and droid has a 5mp camera.

Although if the 8mp Incredible camera works as well as the 5mp Droid camera, one might want to keep a Razr around for pictures. :) Just kidding. The Droid's camera is ok as far as I'm concerned, but the "mp" rating has almost nothing to do with camera quality. My old Canon 1.3mp camera is a far better photographic device than my Droid.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although if the 8mp Incredible camera works as well as the 5mp Droid camera, one might want to keep a Razr around for pictures. :) Just kidding. The Droid's camera is ok as far as I'm concerned, but the "mp" rating has almost nothing to do with camera quality. My old Canon 1.3mp camera is a far better photographic device than my Droid.

true in regards to mp rating... but the droid takes real crappy pictures in low light, or if an object is in motion...

slinky

Reaction score
Agreed with the posters. The Droid was a no brainer with the hardware keyboard. Won't get a phone without one.

Incredible looks fantastic. None of these phone cameras will be amazing but the Droid's is more mediocre than those of a similar variety although, on occasion, it will do a very nice job (as most say, outdoors.)

droidman101

Reaction score
thats just how many pixels are in the photo, correct me if im wrong, so it really doesn't matter for clarity, especially if you are only going to look at them on the phone