Droid started bugging out :(

Reaction score
not sure if the car dock is the problem. but....

- For some reason the music player keeps launching on its own. Has anyone had this happen? It seemed to start today and it was in the car dock when it first started. I just started using the car dock today alot.

-The other problem When in car dock i cannot use voice search for a bit it didnt work at all then it started to work but the results were terrible.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting your phone? That might take care of your music app problem.

As far as poor voice search...I dunno.

OP
S
Reaction score
I turned the phone off and did a battery pull if thats what you mean? All seems well nw but...
I am not using the car dock at the moment. The droid was acting weird. I hope its not an app I installed as the phone was acting weird yesterday as well having nothing to do with the dock. The screen went black while it was connected to USB.

thanks

bbtkd

Reaction score
I turned the phone off and did a battery pull if thats what you mean? All seems well nw but...
I am not using the car dock at the moment. The droid was acting weird. I hope its not an app I installed as the phone was acting weird yesterday as well having nothing to do with the dock. The screen went black while it was connected to USB.

thanks

I take it you were using a Motorola cigarette lighter adapter made for the Droid? The Droid is known to act weird if underpowered since it take more power than most other phones and you can't use most other adapters.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Hmm, you might want to go through and remove any apps that were installed shortly before your phone started getting funky. At least eliminate that as a source of the problem.

Also, I think (but I'm not positive) that there is a setting for whether your phone screen will turn off while connected to USB or not, so that might not actually be a "problem" per say.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hmm, you might want to go through and remove any apps that were installed shortly before your phone started getting funky. At least eliminate that as a source of the problem.

Also, I think (but I'm not positive) that there is a setting for whether your phone screen will turn off while connected to USB or not, so that might not actually be a "problem" per say.

the last two things I installed (which I CANNOT live without now) are

more icons widget
weatherbug

I have never had the screen go black before and not sure if there is a setting for that cannot find it.

thanks

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
OK, I had to search the forum, but I found it.

settings>applications>development>stay awake

Burried in a weird place if you ask me, but whatever.

OP
S
Reaction score

Thansk for this but this wasnt the issue. it was as if the entire droid froze basically and the screen went black even after i pulled the usb. the 4 lights on the bottom were on however.

not sure whats getting my droid crazy lately but i hope it stops :(

nitsuj

Reaction score
Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere that those are some of the symptoms of a problem with the head phone jack getting broken.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

Thansk for this but this wasnt the issue. it was as if the entire droid froze basically and the screen went black even after i pulled the usb. the 4 lights on the bottom were on however.

not sure whats getting my droid crazy lately but i hope it stops :(

Oh, I see. Sorry I couldn't help.