Droid speaker dock?

sbaker34

Reaction score
Is there any droid speaker dock out? The only one I have seen was called iluv which probably is not the highest quality.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Discussed in prior Droid speaker dock threads but:
Considering that you have to connect to the headphone jack or use A2DP for audio there's really no reason to limit yourself to speaker docks specific to the Droid. Anything with line in or A2DP will work.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I just use my home stereo, a 3.5mm headphone jack to rca adapter and you're set (if you have a stereo with rca inputs)

pk92

Reaction score
I recently bought this.

Amazon.com: Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for ANDROID Phones - HTC, Google, T-Mobile, Motorola, Samsung: Cell Phones & Accessories

And I love it! Basically you stick it in the cigarette lighter. It has two wires that connect to your phone, one being the mini usb so it charges your phone and the other connects to the headphone output. This way, you can listen to songs from your phone on your car stereo.

That being said, when someone calls you, the music stops and the phone call is automatically put out through the car speakers. The dock has a microphone on it so it can pick up your voice more easily, or you can hook up your bluetooth.

Be careful though, especially in the summer your phone can overheat.

I haven't had any problems with it yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

JawboneFan

Reaction score
JAMBOX by Jawbone

I agree with takeshi. No need to limit yourself to a speaker dock.
Have you tried the JAMBOX by Jawbone? It’s a wire-free speaker that includes a 3.5mm cable, is A2DP enabled and connects to any Android device via Bluetooth.
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker *|* Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speakerphone & more

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Looks good, but man 200 bux...a little steep

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JawboneFan

Reaction score
Sure it maybe be a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.
It's super high quality, extremely durable, and it's a speaker you'll use every day. It's also up-dateable and works as a speakerphone. This little speaker packs a punch!