"droid" sound when bootup??

hamitup

Reaction score
no...this isnt a thread where i ask "why dont i have a "drooooid" sound when i boot up. This is to ask if anyone know what the file is called where when you bootup it says "droooid" i like to know what the file is called. i don't know if the file sound is in where the bootanimation.zip is but need to know what it is call...no guessing guys. i have tried different names. If i can know what it is was originally called i can assure you that i can get that "droooid" sound back into ur phone when it reboots...that is if you want it like the original rom. Just as an example. If you have your unlock notifacation on and you unlock the phone a little click sounds...that sound or notifacation is called 'Unlock'. So i hope someone out there knows exactly what the file name is pass it on..thanks.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
no...this isnt a thread where i ask "why dont i have a "drooooid" sound when i boot up. This is to ask if anyone know what the file is called where when you bootup it says "droooid" i like to know what the file is called. i don't know if the file sound is in where the bootanimation.zip is but need to know what it is call...no guessing guys. i have tried different names. If i can know what it is was originally called i can assure you that i can get that "droooid" sound back into ur phone when it reboots...that is if you want it like the original rom. Just as an example. If you have your unlock notifacation on and you unlock the phone a little click sounds...that sound or notifacation is called 'Unlock'. So i hope someone out there knows exactly what the file name is pass it on..thanks.

its in system/media/audio/notifications/droid.ogg

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

its in system/media/audio/notifications/droid.ogg
oh fogot since you posted this in koush im assuming that your running CyanogenMod. heres the ogg file:

Droid.ogg - *********** - music and mp3 sharing - download

OP
hamitup

hamitup

Reaction score
no..thats not it...it is the file for the "droid" but its not the actuall file for the droid sound at bootup. do me a favor. go into where droid.ogg and switch names with another file that is .ogg in the same folder. i bet when you bootup you will still here the "droid" and not the sound you changed it from.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh hello, that IS it.

That is the only Droid sound, and you get it because the sound doesn't come from booting up itself, but at the time of SD card Prep. If no other notification sound is chosen, then it defaults to the Droid one. Most ROMs dont access that hence no sound but a vibration.

The Droid doesnt support the audio on bootup that the incredible does, and that has been covered over at XDA Dev...

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i've been looking for the droid notification for quite some time. There are a few times when i grabbed a rom that didnt have it now i got it for good. thanks evilnemesis dancedroid

catpaws

Reaction score
If you want to change it, you just need to change the SD card notification sound. Simple as that.

Iryman

Reaction score
I downloaded the Droid file. But I cannot put it in the notificatiouns file? I am using astro file manager. What am I doing wrong?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
not posative on this one

Think you need root, and if rooted i'd use root explorer to be able to go to system/media folder, and then inside that is audio where you can then put any sound you want as ringtone or notification

for the file originally spoke of in this thread it goes into the system/media folder

to add it for more you navigate deeper into system/media/audio
in here you will find a bunch of folders for different notifications such as
alarms, alert, eri, notifications, ringtones, and UI.

Hope this helps you out :)

Iryman

Reaction score
Think you need root, and if rooted i'd use root explorer to be able to go to system/media folder, and then inside that is audio where you can then put any sound you want as ringtone or notification

for the file originally spoke of in this thread it goes into the system/media folder

to add it for more you navigate deeper into system/media/audio
in here you will find a bunch of folders for different notifications such as
alarms, alert, eri, notifications, ringtones, and UI.

Hope this helps you out :)

Ok I downloaded root explorer. Tried to paste the file in my notifications folder. Says that system folder is read only. ?? Am I doing something wrong? I gave it superuser permission.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
oh easy fix

top right of root explorer

click the rw/ro button :)

let me know if you still have trouble :)

you may have to set permissions still I forgot to mention that to you since your new to root explorer I will show you what the settings should look like.

once you paste the file into system/media folder long press on it and choose permissions then set them to 6.4.4 here's what it looks like. Mine is for overclock widget I know but this is what 6.4.4 setting looks like
CAP201005241328.jpg