Droid Slow - Only want to overclock

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gdawg522, Apr 22, 2010.

1. gdawg522

gdawg522 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

So my Droid has really been running slow here of late and I've been interested in overclocking it for a while now. I've looked on the threads here but I haven't found anything detailing how to just install the overclocking kernals and profiles. I still want to keep my ESE81 build, but I just want the ability to overclock. I also need to maintain WIFI. If someone could give me some instructions on how to go about this that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. nateccnn

nateccnn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/37696-flashing-sprecovery-sbf-stock-2-1-a.html

Follow these steps to root the phone.

Once you have it rooted, grab which ever over clock kernel you like and follow instructions specific to it to install...usually rename to update.zip, place on SDCard and install through SPRecovery. If that went over your head then you need to read the stickies before proceeding. We can walk you though it but it would be a lot better if you understand it first.

Nate

3. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    you'll have to look for a rom built off of ese81 that has the OC capability that you want.

i hate be captain obvious but why not try droidmod? absolutely easy as hell to install and revert back if you need to and it overclocks up to 1.2ghz. i ran it for a month and stayed at 1.2 the whole time with no issues. the only reason i removed it is because i started having some random weird problems and wanted to try some other roms.

otherwise it ran very smooth and was a breeze to set up. you'll still need setcpu though.

edit: forgot that droidmod is based off of 2.0.1 but they backported all the stuff from 2.1 so it's essentially the same.

#3 killabyte, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
  4. Ataranine

Ataranine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the Ultimate Droid v10 Stock theme rom with P3droid's 1ghz kernel. Comes pre-loaded.
    Runs blazing fast.

5. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just did the same thing. it's really easy. just follow that guide, flash the sbf, then pick a kernel, (chevy, adamz, p3, etc) download it, put it on the root, rename to update.zip, and boot into sprecovery (x button) and then install. then just download setcpu and you are good to go!

follow this thread for some more tips! http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...om-root-2-1-ota-stock-too-many-questions.html

Search tags for this page

droid x2 sluggish