Droid slow as H----

Ieisha

Reaction score
For about twenty four hours my droid has been running extermely slow and force close many applications . I kept seeing the sync symbol pretty much all day yesterday . It's taking forever for anything to open up. can someone help me figure out what my problem is . I miss this lighting speed I once had

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What apps do you have installed?

Did you sync FB with your X?

cpinto

Reaction score
For about twenty four hours my droid has been running extermely slow and force close many applications . I kept seeing the sync symbol pretty much all day yesterday . It's taking forever for anything to open up. can someone help me figure out what my problem is . I miss this lighting speed I once had

Probably a bad app. Go back and un-install the last several you have dowloaded.

Also, pull the battery and reseat the memory card.

I'm not a believer of Auto Task Killers for the Droid, but I do have a App called "Close Everything". Works great, and you can exclude Apps that you don't want to kill. I has a little widget that you can view to see how many are running at any one time. Then just tap it kill everything, of you choosing.

I have noticed that Droid 1 typically had about 20 items running all the time. My X, will get up to about 50 at times. Even that has not slowed it down very much at all, though.

A slow Droid is usually due to bad memory allocation.

With smart phones, I've found it best to get the biggest memory card you can handle, then install everything possible to the card, leaving System memory for System operations. This way it has some room in case it screws up.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
What apps do you have installed?

Did you sync FB with your X?

Facebook for android
Handcent SMS
Ringdroid
Tone Picker
You mail
TIKL
Astro fiile manager
Bloo ( which i don't really use , becuz I been using facebook for android )

Yes the fb contacts are synced
Still kinda confused about all these facebook apps.
the social networking app is kinda useless to me I never use it
I only like bloo becuz it updates more often than fb for android
but it won't let me comment on a picture that someone else commented on . So needless to say I am still trying to find the best one .

haticK

Reaction score
if you're using a live wallpaper try taking it off and using a regular one. some of them make the phone very slow.

soba1

Reaction score
Change your battery profile to Performance mode

ryyyne

Reaction score
i think it might be handcent sms. i think the last update they put out slowed my phone down. i was reading reviews about it on the app market. i just uninstalled it and its working prety good now

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
OMG Please someone help me it's still slow(if not worse) , and I tried everything as suggested
also deleted bloo and handcent

zachcr250

Reaction score
Un sync your facebook app. Turn off auto sync, alot of people are having the same problem.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Odd. I have many more apps running than that and my DX is more than fast. Does it start out right off being slow after a reboot or does it take time to get slow? I've had my DX running for easily a week or two and do not use any task killer and its still fast. I did root it and removed some of the bloatware and use LauncherPro. Other than that, I just let the OS do what it does and have never had any slow downs.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory Data Reset. That will clear up everything and it will run like it's brand new, because, well it is. :) BTW what phone did you come from? Reason I ask is sometimes peoples expectations are extremely high, specially if they never had a smart phone before.