DROID sleeps TONITE

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
My uptime test is over.... I'm at 149:53 and counting.... Droids been up long enough for me... its not given me one prob since I started the uptime test and I'm sure I could get to 3 or 400 if not more just not interested... 1.08.10 is my 30 day... maybe its 1.07.10 anyway.. I know my MD is legit.

J

Johnly

Hell, I don't do snowshed to the device....ahh, the freedom of having to micro manage, very convenient.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Man, I hope you were running a screensaver. Be a shame to have burned in pixils:)

So the real question is gonna be tomorrow when you both wake up, does it seem like it is running any faster?

Craig

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Nice, Im looking forward to seeing the results in the AM.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Bear in NM, not sure who you're addressing about screen saver burning in.

I've got my Droid turning off every minute. Even in the cradle at night when I have a MP4 Bible playing all night (yeah, Bible by osmosis while I sleep), the screen is blank and it's recharging.

Plus the obnoxious Rooster crows at 6:45 in the morning. I want to either kill the rooster or get the coffee going. Coffee wins so far.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bear in NM, not sure who you're addressing about screen saver burning in.

I've got my Droid turning off every minute. Even in the cradle at night when I have a MP4 Bible playing all night (yeah, Bible by osmosis while I sleep), the screen is blank and it's recharging.

Plus the obnoxious Rooster crows at 6:45 in the morning. I want to either kill the rooster or get the coffee going. Coffee wins so far.
Maybe you can find an app to teach the rooster to make the coffee?

Gunghoray

Reaction score
HA Martin. That's a great idea. There's an APP for the darn rooster.

Actually, the freakin' bird keeps me from ignoring a "ring" or an "alert". No sound but the obnoxious rooster can wake me up in the am.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HA Martin. That's a great idea. There's an APP for the darn rooster.

Actually, the freakin' bird keeps me from ignoring a "ring" or an "alert". No sound but the obnoxious rooster can wake me up in the am.
Does the APP for the rooster involve some sort of casing or shell? LOL

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid seems a tad zippier but not much... this is good in that after about 7 days straight of talking, texting, broadcasting on ustream, downloading a bunch of apps, a ridiculous amount of roms, a lot deleted cause the gearsoid roms seem bogus.. youtubing and gaming you get the picture... Droid loses very little speed over time.

Only thing is WHENEVER I start up I almost always have to tap the backlight function cause my keyboard and function keys are still "sleeping"

Laurence5905

Reaction score
My uptime test is over.... I'm at 149:53 and counting.... Droids been up long enough for me... its not given me one prob since I started the uptime test and I'm sure I could get to 3 or 400 if not more just not interested... 1.08.10 is my 30 day... maybe its 1.07.10 anyway.. I know my MD is legit.

Aww... You gave up too quickly! :)

I'm at 705 hours 29 minutes right now. Hoping I can hit 1,000 hours without a reboot.

Reaction score

I'm at 705 hours 29 minutes right now. Hoping I can hit 1,000 hours without a reboot.

You may not hit the 1000 mark if the 2.1 update is sooner than 12 or so days ;)

Also, that f***ing rooster is SOOOOOOOO annoying, but I chose it for that reason, gets me up (and probably my neighbors).

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Mine is currently at 609:17:55. So close to 1 month with no turn off. No problems here and its just as fast as when I got it.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Laurence5905

Reaction score

You may not hit the 1000 mark if the 2.1 update is sooner than 12 or so days ;)

Ouch -- I hadn't thought about that... Assuming the update comes on the 22nd (totally a rumour, but still) that means I'd be at 966 hours (give-or-take a few minutes) at Midnight on the day that the update would be released... Even if I waited a full day, I'd still only be at 990 hours... I might just have to postpone the update even longer... LOL I really wanted to post a pic here showing 1,000 hours uptime... (Man, I'm such a geek!)