Droid shuts down

pntr2001

Reaction score
My Droid seemed to go into hibrnate mode but when I pushed the button to wake it up, it did nothing. I couldn't get it to come back on. I had to pull the battery out then it booted up. Not sure why it did this, has anyone had this happen before? First time I have experienced this problem. Thanks in advance

VIRominoff

Reaction score
My Droid seemed to go into hibrnate mode but when I pushed the button to wake it up, it did nothing. I couldn't get it to come back on. I had to pull the battery out then it booted up. Not sure why it did this, has anyone had this happen before? First time I have experienced this problem. Thanks in advance

I had this happen.

I did three things that day

panda home was set to default
gallery 2.1 installed
Launcher 2.1 installed.

I had to wipe to the phone.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
had that happen with panda too. could be coincidence.. i do not have anything 2.1 yet.

PJnc284

Reaction score
happened to me yesterday. had to pull the battery twice to get it back up. I'm using the 2.1 gallery and launcher

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually this is the result of an app that is causing problems. Either that or you have a defective phone. Only way to tell is to wipe the phone and add the apps back in one at a time until you find the bugger that's doing it.

I will tell you that Advance Task Killer is known for doing this so if you're running ATK try taking that out and that should solve your problem.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Only time i've encountered it is when I lock the phone while the camera app is running. Not every time I lock it with the camera on but every time it has happened, that was the active app.

OP
P

pntr2001

Reaction score
I have advanced task killer loaded, I will remove it and see if it happens again. Thanks guys

scarrz

Reaction score
Had this happen 3x's and took it back to Verizon. They gave me a new phone (I was still under my 30 day trial period). There is another thread pertaining to random reboots and shut downs. The fact that I could not turn it back on via the power switch was concerning. Having to reload my freebie apps was not fun but did not take as long as I thought.

So far knock on wood my new phone has not shut down.