1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Shut Down - Remove Battery To Start

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mrpbjnance, Jan 11, 2010.

1. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance New Member

HAs anyone experienced this.. specially today.. My droid was sitting on my desk. Next Time I looked it was completely dead. I thought the battery was dead but I plugged it in a charger and it would not turn on. I had to remove the battery and turn it back on..
    Has anyone had this happen. I have had it restart it self before but this was a first for me
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Many people have reported having to do a battery pull on some occasions. It's out of the normal with Droid, more common with Blackberry but it does happen.

How often has your phone reset on you? You may have an app that's not getting along with your Droid. If this happens frequently then I would recommend doing a complete restore of your Droids settings and load your apps back in one at a time to see if you can find the problem app.

Also if you're using anything like Advance Task Killer it may be a good idea to get rid of that. It can cause problems.
  3. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance New Member

The restarts are not the frequent. Not to worry about once in a few months.

I do Have advanced Task Killer ..I have not seen people reporting problems with it before.. I just like it because its an easy way to shut down apps.
  4. imiller913

imiller913 New Member

This happend to me a couple of times both with and without ATK.
  5. MysteryHours

MysteryHours New Member

This happened to me just now... went to wake up my Droid and it was completely dead. Removed and replaced the battery and it booted up without problem. It definitely didn't die from low battery... hope this doesn't become a recurring problem.
  6. atomzd

atomzd New Member

My phone is 1 month old and i've had to do about 6 battery pulls to get it to power on. In every instance, after putting the battery back in and powering on, i had 30% or more battery left. This is a pain in the ass with the cover I'm using as it's not super easy to remove, and I worry that with each removal, the snugness of its fit will diminish.

Hoping for a post here about a software update that fixes this issue or perhaps I should just attempt to get mine replaced at a VZW store, even though I get the impression a new one could very well exhibit the same issue.
  7. drummerq

drummerq New Member

ive had my phone for two months,

in the beggining it happened a handful of times, but it really stopped, happended to me again last week, but im fine with it happening as long as it doesnt happen every day or week.

from what i understand it has to do with how much you download and using to much cpu
  8. bizfox

bizfox New Member

The only thing that caused my Droid to shut down twice randomly was the JuiceDefender app. After uninstalling it, the problems went away. Just my .02.
  9. ripstar

ripstar New Member

This has happend to me a lot lately. Kinda frustrating. Also have been having problems with some calls. Yes I leave it to my ear. the screen won't come on when I remove it and it is still on the call.
  10. Ludalee

Ludalee New Member

I hit the top button to lock my phone, set it in my desk drawer at work, went to hit the top button to unlock and there was nothing. I tried to hold it for a little to power it back up, still nothing, I was freaking...so I pulled the battery, put it back in, then powered it back up...Seems to be working okay at this time. but WTF happened and how do I prevent it from happening again?

After my phone did restart it said my SD Memory card widget had to force close...I wonder if that App caused the problem.

Thanks in advance
  11. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

There are lots and lots of possibilities as to "WTF happened" and no answer to "how do (you) prevent it in the future." It happens. Just as your computer has to be rebooted from time to time for reasons that are difficult to isolate, the same is true of that computer you're carrying around in your pocket.

Want a phone where it won't happen? Go to Verizon and ask them for a "dumbphone."
Search tags for this page

android shutdown frequently

droid mini shut down problems

droid shut down

droid shut down and i cant restart
droid shuts down when starting up

emergecy shut down and restart on droid razr

force shutdown on a motorola droid phone by verizon
forced shutdown droid x2
how to force shut down a droid dna
how to force shutdown android
removing phone battery without shutting down android phone