Droid short life

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Top 3 culprits of poor battery life:

3. Task Killers - these guys seem like they're helping you out, but they're just making things worse. Android doesn't need another process interferring with what it does natively.

I have Task Killer installed, but I kill it everytime I use it. I have noticed a substantial increase in battery life since doing this.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I killed the GPS as well and still I had to recharge the Droid at 1400 today.

Frustrating to say the least.
you've got to be killing your cell service somehow. make a conscious effort to identify the cause. going all day without being on the charger should be no problem.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
I killed the GPS as well and still I had to recharge the Droid at 1400 today.

Frustrating to say the least.
you've got to be killing your cell service somehow. make a conscious effort to identify the cause. going all day without being on the charger should be no problem.

Un-installed weatherbug, all the task apps, battery widgets, new and weather widget.
Disabled locale, GPS, wifi....

Not sure what else I can do!

mjs31

Reaction score
Seems like a big one was missed. Running the nice big Droid screen at a high brightness will eat your battery up faster than anything.
Having it set to turn off quickly when not used is great but 100% while surfing the web will drain. I will say that 38% use is not to bad though. Another is powering down and back on. Not many do this, but some do.

Last edited:
OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Seems like a big one was missed. Running the nice big Droid screen at a high brightness will eat your battery up faster than anything.
Having it set to turn off quickly when not used is great but 100% while surfing the web will drain. I will say that 38% use is not to bad though. Another is powering down and back on. Not many do this, but some do.

I went into settings and practically turned off the back light via the slider and then rechecked the auto option.
Read somewhere that that was the lowest option without turning it totally off.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Use wifi when available, uses less power than 3G.

Well I used locale to turn off the wifi option when not in my home network but was advised that locale was a power killer.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Playing that silly Jewels game repeatedly is killing my battery... :D

Scribble

Reaction score
Use wifi when available, uses less power than 3G.

Well I used locale to turn off the wifi option when not in my home network but was advised that locale was a power killer.

Haven't seen much of a hit so far and I've been using it since Friday... (If anything It seems to be saving me battery because it turns stuff off at night.)