Droid shock sensor or bad phone?

get quad

Reaction score
I've noticed that any time my phone takes a bump, it immediately reboots. For instance, I sat it on the edge of the sink this morning and it slid into the sink then immediately rebooted. If I toss it from a few inches onto a hard surface it will do the same. I even dropped it from taking it out of my pocket the other day but managed to stop it from hitting the carpet with my foot, yet it still rebooted. Note that I have never actually dropped the phone onto a hard surface from more than a few inches away.

Is this possibly a sign of a faulty droid or does the phone actually have some sort of shock sensor/damage protection built-in and this is normal?

E

EvilWays

check the battery compartment, is the foam pad still on the cover? is the battery loose? my first (of several) palm pres did this,...

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
I'm using the Seidio 2600mAh battery, seems to fit pretty tight. Phone does this no matter which battery though.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
bump to see if anyone else has this issue (or is willing to test theirs for same lol)

xfireguru

Reaction score
just tossed mine onto the coffee table...nothing happened.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
How far away? Anyone feeling brave, like a 3ft naked drop onto office carpet?

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i have thrown my phone on the carpet kinda hard naked and nothin happened but the my friend thought his phone(not a droid) would be sturdier and threw his and the battery flew out

E

EvilWays

i have a video shot from my droid of it getting thrown naked onto a concrete floor, like 5 1/2 feet up and at a pretty quick pace, droid never broke stride and kept recording the whole time... ill post it up in a few

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dropped mine out of my shirt pocket to the cement floor in my garage and it didn't reboot. I, on the other hand, nearly had a heart attack lol.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Btw...that was with no case or screen protector. :shocked:

ThirdWave

Reaction score
I notice if I plug the USB into my computer upside down, which I usually do because I'm never looking, my phone reboots. But that's bout it...

How does one plug the USB in upside down? My USB ports only work one way.. :motdroidhoriz:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do the little pins that contact the battery look like they are okay?