Droid Shadow in the wild

BigG422

Reaction score
WOW, that is some crappy battery life. When I first got my droid I bought an oem moto charger and it did that thing where it threw off the screen. I think it did more than that because my battery life when to ****. I bought a new oem battery and it was back to much much better battery life. Threw that POS charger away. Yes, it was an OEM charger.
To give you an example of battery life for me. I am an avid theme park visitor and I can go from 8:40 am on a full charge until about 8ish before my battery goes to 10 percent. This is with pretty constant usage and 3g on all the time. Accessing web a lot as I wait in lines. What rom are you running? Stock?

Gonzo

Reaction score
That looks pretty sweet but i think ill wait for the droid 2. Gizmodo leaking another lost phone??

its.mike

Reaction score
You do realizing slapping your logo over the photo doesn't make it yours and that you should credit Gawker(Gizmodo) since they do use a CC License?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Droid 2 and the Moto Shadow are completely different phones. just to spread the word. so if you like your droid and the keyboard then wait for the droid 2. the shadow is looking more like a htc evo rival

geronimogman

Reaction score
I just want a hdmi adaptor and hd video...i dont think i can wait anymore!! in july im selling my droid for 250 so i think its worth it

pyro6128

Reaction score
Perhaps Motorola doesn't want the HTC Droid Incredible hogging the spotlight. The incredible has a 1GHz snapdragon cpu and an 8MP camera as well. IMO they should not only focus on adding awesome new features to the hardware and operating system but they should also focus on battery life. I have to disable 3G on my Droid to get reasonable battery life out of it however this renders getting automatic gmail notifications null and really reduces some of the hype and glamour of the Droid.

what do you mean by reasonable? Also are you overclocking? I can go 800 overclock and get pretty much a full day of full usage.

My Moto Droid with 3G turned on all the time and just letting the phone sit in standby mode the battery goes from 100% to 70% in about 90 minutes. I typically have to recharge it 3 times a day. It just makes me nervous at how quickly it drops. When I turn 3G off and only use it when I need it my battery stays at 90% most of the day and seldom gets below 70% with heavy usage. Plus the back of the phone gets really warm when I leave 3G on. Maybe it's just a fluke. I bought a spare battery, maybe I should try it out. To me reasonable is being able to use all the features that they advertise like Gmail notification, 3G or WiFi always on, bluetooth, and moderate usage of apps and internet browsing and only having to charge it at night while you're sleeping. With my old pocket pc I can watch three full-length movies on it and still have plenty of battery life left. Again, I just can't figure out why 3G turns the phone into Dracula and sucks the life out of my battery.

I'm looking forward to Froyo but probably won't get it until August or later because I'd want to wait for it to be rooted.

it sounds like you have very poor service in your area and that is draining your battery. The service in my house is terrible and will drain my battery if im not careful, everywhere else i get a full day easily, and that with completely unrestricted use.

Droids

Reaction score
it sounds like you have very poor service in your area and that is draining your battery. The service in my house is terrible and will drain my battery if im not careful, everywhere else i get a full day easily, and that with completely unrestricted use.
I think this is a very good point, one that's been brought up before in other threads. 3g uses more battery than wifi, and if you're stuck in a poor reception area the radio might be killing the battery. I remember the thread where the guy kept his phone in a metal locker all day except for breaks and lunch and was frustrated that the battery wouldn't last all day.

There are a lot of variables in phone use, how we use them, where we use them, etc., and sometimes it's just a bad phone and needs replacement. So there's a lot to be said about narrowing down the problem.

pinballwizard

Reaction score
"unlike the iphone it was given back without much fanfare", that's right, droid fans care about their brothers.dancedroid:heart:dancedroid:heart:dancedroid:heart:dancedroid:heart:dancedroid

phatkat66

Reaction score
I want this phone.... the screen is huge..... im so in love. I want it >_< I wANT IT NOW >_< or at least some information lol.

But if this is the shadow o_O whats that "droid" with the white keyboard?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Jroc there is a huge thread labeled Motorola Shadow right here in the news section with that pic and specs and all kinds of good information. : )

Was posted yesterday

Sent telepathically through the ether

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Missed it by THAT much.....yea I just noticed my lil goof. Who woulda thunk, and I actually posted in the other thread....

I need something to eat obviously...lol