Droid Shadow in the wild

J

JohnDroid

droid-shadow.jpg

It appears that another cell-phone has been "lost" and then "found in the wild" by an unrelated person(s). If your into the tech world you are probably well aware of the recent "lost and found" iPhone 4G. But... now we have our own Droid Shadow being lost and found.

Gizmodo is reporting that a Droid Shadow was left at one of the Verizon corporate gyms in Washington. The person who found the phone was able to verify that the phone was "unreleased" before it was remotely locked.

Unlike like the iPhone however, this phone was given back without much fanfare. However, we did learn some interesting facts about the phone. The stats we know about: Snapdragon processor, 8MP Camera, HDMI Output and most importantly a 4.3" screen.

Now conspiracy theorists can go on and on about how this might be a controlled leak to combat the HTC EVO 4G from getting all the recent Android press... I guess we may never know :)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
droid-shadow.jpg

It appears that another cell-phone has been "lost" and then "found in the wild" by an unrelated person(s). If your into the tech world you are probably well aware of the recent "lost and found" iPhone 4G. But... now we have our own Droid Shadow being lost and found.

Gizmodo is reporting that a Droid Shadow was left at one of the Verizon corporate gyms in Washington. The person who found the phone was able to verify that the phone was "unreleased" before it was remotely locked.

Unlike like the iPhone however, this phone was given back without much fanfare. However, we did learn some interesting facts about the phone. The stats we know about: Snapdragon processor, 8MP Camera, HDMI Output and most importantly a 4.3" screen.

Now conspiracy theorists can go on and on about how this might be a controlled leak to combat the HTC EVO 4G from getting all the recent Android press... I guess we may never know :)

Oh man now we get to see the FBI raid Johns house... lol j/k

BKS

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for sharing, the new screen does indeed look very nice. And I'm diggin' what appears to be raised push button style selectors at the bottom of the device. dancedroid

azazin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this phone will be released in Europe? Or more specifically the UK?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Cereal Killer said this was a world phone. If I'm wrong he will correct me. Or somebody else will.

mach330

Reaction score
so shadow is using the snapdragon now? i thought it was the omap 3630?

geronimogman

Reaction score
I WANT A KEYBOARD!!!! lol just lately have i appreciated mine and now they want to take it away from me!! but WOW screen is HUGE!

JVSEDI

Reaction score
I WANT A KEYBOARD!!!! lol just lately have i appreciated mine and now they want to take it away from me!! but WOW screen is HUGE!

I agree!! I love my keyboard on my Droid, always have since day one. I guess I won't be upgrading unless this phone has a physical keyboard (but from what I've seen and read it doesn't :( ). I would like a bigger screen next time around but will only switch if it has a keyboard. I refuse to go backwards and get a phone that has less than the one I am coming from. Here's a thought....lol....They should make 2 versions of phones, one with keyboards and one without, to satisfy everyone. Even if it meant you had to place an order for one with a keyboard if they didn't want to mass produce too many in case they felt they wouldn't sell. I would still go for that.

BigG422

Reaction score

I second that, it looks pretty, but without a physical keyboard it is USELESS to me. I HATE onscreen keyboards. Especially when I have a very capable and pretty much perfect phone, IMO, right now.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Perhaps Motorola doesn't want the HTC Droid Incredible hogging the spotlight. The incredible has a 1GHz snapdragon cpu and an 8MP camera as well. IMO they should not only focus on adding awesome new features to the hardware and operating system but they should also focus on battery life. I have to disable 3G on my Droid to get reasonable battery life out of it however this renders getting automatic gmail notifications null and really reduces some of the hype and glamour of the Droid.

BigG422

Reaction score
Perhaps Motorola doesn't want the HTC Droid Incredible hogging the spotlight. The incredible has a 1GHz snapdragon cpu and an 8MP camera as well. IMO they should not only focus on adding awesome new features to the hardware and operating system but they should also focus on battery life. I have to disable 3G on my Droid to get reasonable battery life out of it however this renders getting automatic gmail notifications null and really reduces some of the hype and glamour of the Droid.

what do you mean by reasonable? Also are you overclocking? I can go 800 overclock and get pretty much a full day of full usage.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233

what do you mean by reasonable? Also are you overclocking? I can go 800 overclock and get pretty much a full day of full usage.

My Moto Droid with 3G turned on all the time and just letting the phone sit in standby mode the battery goes from 100% to 70% in about 90 minutes. I typically have to recharge it 3 times a day. It just makes me nervous at how quickly it drops. When I turn 3G off and only use it when I need it my battery stays at 90% most of the day and seldom gets below 70% with heavy usage. Plus the back of the phone gets really warm when I leave 3G on. Maybe it's just a fluke. I bought a spare battery, maybe I should try it out. To me reasonable is being able to use all the features that they advertise like Gmail notification, 3G or WiFi always on, bluetooth, and moderate usage of apps and internet browsing and only having to charge it at night while you're sleeping. With my old pocket pc I can watch three full-length movies on it and still have plenty of battery life left. Again, I just can't figure out why 3G turns the phone into Dracula and sucks the life out of my battery.

I'm looking forward to Froyo but probably won't get it until August or later because I'd want to wait for it to be rooted.