Droid Sensitive touch keys being weird

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by itsSunnyB, Sep 19, 2010.

1. itsSunnyB

itsSunnyB New Member

Hey new to the forum, just wanted to say learned alot from this forum ever since i got my phone, anyways i have a moto droid (first one and) i have a custom ROM installed (sapphire 1.1.1) everything works fine except the search button on the touch sensitive keys all the others work fine home, settings, back, the search one only acts as a home button and when i hold it down its asks me to assign (and only gives me 2 program choices 1.Handcent Sms 2.Google voice command) i use to be able to touch it and would take me to google search, just wanted to know how to fix this....

These are the keys iam talking about
    [​IMG]
  2. mtz_gto

mtz_gto New Member

You should post in the Custom ROM Sapphire 1.1 section, your issue will
    most likely be address better there with other more experienced people
    also using that ROM.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help to you.
  3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Just install Google search from the market. It isn't included by default because it was causing problems when people tried to update it.

Sent from my Droid
  4. itsSunnyB

itsSunnyB New Member

i have it downloaded still does the same thing.
  5. burgeke

burgeke New Member

If I recall, the previous suggestion is spot on. Voice search and google search aren't included in the gapps addon anymore. The problem is the market installs them to /data/app instead of /system/app which is where the hardware keys expect them to be. Look in the custom rom section under the 1.1.1 announcement. Search that thread....someone posted about this there.

Good luck
  6. itsSunnyB

itsSunnyB New Member

Id like to say thanks for the help, burgeke i found that post thanks alot bra. I also included the fix on the bottom of this post in-case anyone else sees this post, and has the same issue...

"This is a similar issue to 1.1.0 - the physical button is looking for an application in /system/app/ but the downloaded version is in /data/app/. After you download the search app from the market, you can also download a command line tool (ConnectBot is what I use, connect to localhost) and do the following commands to make the search button work again. Or, if you have it, you could probably do this in RootExplorer easier.

su
    sysrw
    cp /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    rm /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk
    sysro
    reboot

Then the button will work again after the phone has come back from rebooting.

Note these are basically the same instructions as were in the 1.1.0 release, but I'm retyping them here for the new thread (and also to correct a command that was incorrect the first time around). Perhaps another 2nd post hijacking for tips, Sniffle?"
  7. burgeke

burgeke New Member

np

Glad you got it sorted!
Search tags for this page

android key sensitivity