Droid SENSE-UI ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by GohanBurner, Jun 27, 2010.

1. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

Yes, so since there has been nothing coming from the Zeus team...just wondering if there is, in fact, a rom out there w/Froyo and Sense-UI. I am craving a taste of it...I need to get it on my Droid. Does anyone know of any place I can get a rom file with it?

Thanks.
  2. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

Short answer: No. There are still the same RIL issues the Zeusdroid team never managed to fix. AFAIK, no one is actively working on one either.
  3. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Get:
    LauncherPro Beta LauncherPro
    Fancy Widget for HTC like clock Android Does
    Curvefish Toggle switches CurveFish
    My HTC Status Bar and Theme Package http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/50243-htc-status-bar-froyo.html

And you have a very close looking Sense ROM.

You can also get some widgets that scroll and have HTC themes with them too. Search for Pure widgets on google.
  4. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

That'll get him close to looking like a sense ROM, but its key to point out that doesn't get him the specialized HTC widgets (friendstream or w/e and all that stuff) nor will it get him the extra social networking integration, etc.
  5. lurch81

lurch81 New Member

wish someone would take on the phone call problem i would love to have sense or at least try it out i wonder why the phone call issue stopped them.
  6. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

They have taken on the RIL issue. There just isn't a fix, because Sense was built for HTC phones which use a specific radio card, and Motorola doesn't use the same one. The problem is Sense is too closely knit into the HTC built phones. Its like this: Linux is open source and works on almost any computer, relate that to Android, as Google distributes it. Mac OS X is Unix based, and has many of the same underpinnings as Linux, but has so much extra software tied in, it was (at first) rather difficult to port it to non-Apple hardware, relate this to Sense UI. Even now, the hardware support is the most difficult issue when building a Hackintosh. Not a perfect analogy, but you get the idea.
  7. lurch81

lurch81 New Member

oh so its a hardware issue? :/ gotcha thanks for the info. looks like if i want sense i need to get an htc device next lol
  8. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

yea, kinda. haha, its a software/hardware interaction issue. And I wouldn't count on Sense sticking around much longer. Google is on the warpath against all of these UI overlays. They are creating more issues that they're worth. By fragmenting the Android market, you have Android phones with vastly different interfaces, leading to consumer confusion, and not to mention, HTC has been HORRIBLY slow releasing OS updates, because they have to rebuild Sense on top of a new OS each time Google updates, and it just isn't feasible. Google's vision is a unified Android interface, with all devices operating the same on a software level. Samsung is going a very different route with the new Galaxy line, where instead of a complete UI overhaul, you have a subtle theme, and a custom launcher app. So, in short: Bye Bye Sense, MotoBlur, Whatever Sony calls its Xperia interface, etc.
  9. lurch81

lurch81 New Member

yeah i heard something about that a lil bit ago
Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 sense 5 rom port

motorola moto x ui rom