Droid Sending Random Meeting Requests

stephen9482

Reaction score
Hello,

We have had this issue where several of our users running different Android phones have reported meeting accounts being sent from their mobile device without them knowing and to large numbers of users from our GAL. We are using Exchange server 2003. This has happened to 5 of our users and the meetings all say they were sent from an android mobile device. It has happened to both personal GMail accounts configured on the phone as well as our corporate email. Has anyone seen this issue?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I suspect it has to do with the calendar and sync. I was testing my calendar and put my Daughters birthday in as an event on a certain day and a dinner on that day at a certain time. The phone sent her an email inviting her to the dinner as well as myself.

Best way to stop this is to turn off sync in My Accounts on the phone. In Gmail, you have three sync choices, Contacts, Mail and Calendar. Un-check Calendar and the messages should stop.

OP
S

stephen9482

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply......would the Google sync come in to play even if the invite wasnt coming from a Google account. Some of these were coming directly from our corporate mail system. Thanks

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I am no expert. I would conjecture that if one's phone is set up to sync with corp email on the phone, as well as, Gmail, that Google will add the Corp Computer and Calendar and force out the emails from there as well as the phone.

You would need to research that with someone that has more experience than I have.