Droid "search bar" problem!

doublea500

Reaction score
this has been happening with me for a while. i have the motorola droid (first and original one :)). well you guys know when you just use the all around search thing? for me, it seems to dissapear after some time. im talking about the search bar where you could accidently touch a letter on your physical keyboard and it will search the letter. its also the bar that comes up if you click your search button (the touch screen one). this is making me very frustrated. hopefully there is a solution to this. thanks, hope you guys can help me~!

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try deleting the widget, and then putting it back on the "desktop"

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Are you talking about the widget? Does rebooting help?

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
No I am not talking about the widget. Let's say you are on the homescreen and you just type the word "leg" on the physical keyboard. Then a screen pops up with the word leg. I'm talking about this and let's say you wrote the sentence "I'm getting very hungry". This is a problem for me because sometimes as I am writing, my droid just deletes what I have wrote. Do you get what I am talking about? This is the same thing as thee search button which is one of the 4 buttons! So do you see what I am talking about?