Droid Screen Woes

OP
K

kjwalker

Reaction score
Did you really went to replace your phone under factory warranty with a custom ROM ?
What do you mean? I unrooted and reflashed a stock 2.0.1 before hand, then installed the OTA update to 2.1. I thought that was clear when I said i'd be stuck with a stock rom in my previous post.

spoooon

Reaction score
Did anyone take a shower while the phone was on the counter? Maybe humidity in the bathroom caused moisture to condense under the screen?

OP
K

kjwalker

Reaction score
Nope, it was literally laying on the counter for no more than a minute.

junpar

Reaction score
That's very peculiar! Verizon should replace it for you though, I'm fairly confident you'll get a replacement without much problems.

OP
K

kjwalker

Reaction score
I really hope so. The guy at the authorized retailer said that the person who's name was on the account would have to be the one to go to the store. I'm on a plan with my family, however I know all of the plan holder's information including the social security number, etc (my father). Is that guy correct or would I be okay to go myself?

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I just went to the nearest 'authorized retailer', explained what happened and showed the guy working. He said it almost looked like it came in contact with a He was really nice about it, but told me he couldn't help and that I'd have to go to the corporate store which is about an hour away. Don't know when I'll get there, but I'll be on stock 2.1 until then :(
im curious as to what might have caused this issue. you left out what the guy said it might have come in contact with.

OP
K

kjwalker

Reaction score
So I just went to the nearest 'authorized retailer', explained what happened and showed the guy working. He said it almost looked like it came in contact with a He was really nice about it, but told me he couldn't help and that I'd have to go to the corporate store which is about an hour away. Don't know when I'll get there, but I'll be on stock 2.1 until then :(
im curious as to what might have caused this issue. you left out what the guy said it might have come in contact with.
Oh! My bad. He said metal? (Or maybe I heard him wrong :/) I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that though.

JCo352

Reaction score
To your question about your father going, you know you can have him call Verizon, and have you authorized on the account.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This is really weird. I hope they give you a brand new replacement but i highly doubt it. They will want you to send it in to Verizon via mail and they will send you a refurb.

OP
K

kjwalker

Reaction score
I went in today. The guy looked at the phone for 5 seconds, asked me my number, and told he was having a new one sent to me because they were out of stock. Easy :) Thanks for all the help

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sweet! Congratulations on a pain free transition. The only hard part will be the waiting.... And just remember: don't ever take the new one in the bathroom with you! :rofl3: