Droid screen shutting off

captivatedvc

Reaction score
I've had my droid pro for a few days and haven't had too many problems. However, the other night the screen kept shutting off while I was in the middle of txting and browsing some wallpapers. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

StingRay

Reaction score
Go to Menu >Settings>Display and then to "Screen Timeout"...bump your t.o. to a higher number...

If you still have problems I'd try an app in the Market called" Screeble" which allows you to set a screen timeout based on the orientation of your phone...pretty good app..

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

tennvol

Reaction score
Or maybe you have in pocket detection set to on and your finger slips over the sensor. Happens to me at times

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I don't have a Pro, I've got a D2G, but I froze inpocketdetection, as it seemed to never work when it WAS in my pocket, but my finger would turn the screen off. Also, I use screebl, and I can attest that it actually saves battery, and works very well.

OP
C

captivatedvc

Reaction score
Oh my gosh...I forgot about the in-pocket detection. I think that's what happened. Thank you guys so much!!!

OP
C

captivatedvc

Reaction score
Actually yes and i feel pretty dumb but now i know and i'm not worrying anymore =)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

weyrcat

Reaction score
D2... No Pocket detect mode available

I thought I had a regular Droid 2, but the settings tell me it's D2G and 2.3.3. I do not have anything that says Pocket Detection in any of my settings. In Display Settings, specifically, I have Brightness, Auto-rotate, Animation (off), Screen Timeout (off, at this time, not helping), Wallpaper settings, and Roaming Banner (on). The odd shutting off started the other day and was rather infrequent. Today the phone is not usable except when laying horizontal. The screen does not shut off when laying like this.

The latter makes me think it IS some sort of pocket detection setting, but I cannot find it in anything under "Settings."

Help :(