Droid screen issues

Slntagent

Reaction score
ok i hope my screen isnt crapping out on me..basically when my finger touches the screen apps and items no where near my finger will open...and if i try and pinch and zoom the screen moves around like im rapidly touching it everywhere...any ideas? or do i need to go to verizon and get a new droid?

jakenovak

Reaction score
ok i hope my screen isnt crapping out on me..basically when my finger touches the screen apps and items no where near my finger will open...and if i try and pinch and zoom the screen moves around like im rapidly touching it everywhere...any ideas? or do i need to go to verizon and get a new droid?

Is the Droid plugged in when doing this? Third party chargers that overload the Droid's recommended voltage interfere with the touch screen, showing the same factors that you have been listing.

OP
Slntagent

Slntagent

Reaction score

Is the Droid plugged in when doing this? Third party chargers that overload the Droid's recommended voltage interfere with the touch screen, showing the same factors that you have been listing.

Ok thank you

ran a little test and tried pinch n zoom without it being plugged into my laptop...nothing

plugged it in...then it happened...whats weird tho is this isnt a 3rd party plug, its the one that came with my droid.oh well..now i know...ty

DroidG

Reaction score
I had a similar problem but it happened even when it was not plugged in. I pulled the battery and it was fine, but 2 days later, the left side of the screen would not recognize my touch when pressing an ICON. I have tried everything and ended up going to the Verizon store. They had to order me a new one.

morg399

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid, earlier today my display stopped working. The touch part still works and I can receive calls, but there is no images on the screen. not even the back light is on. any advice?