Droid Screen Issue

Orchi

Reaction score
I have had a Droid phone since November of 2009. I recently took my phone in ( Sep 25th) and they replaced it. So the droid I have now is around a month old. I'm having some serious screen issues
It started yesterday with me just picking up the phone, the screen was jumbled. So I hit my top button, still froze. I took the battery out, and reinserted it and attempted to turn it on... I could not get the M symbol that first occurs, the screen was black but you could see the back light was on and the back, menu, home and search symbol were lit. So I kept pulling the battery out. Eventually I got the M symbol to appear, but it froze on this. I could see the green light was on for my texts, and my notification ring tone would play. So I kept removing the battery till my regular screen appeared. The phone was a little slow, and it worked for a few minutes and then it froze again. I kept pushing the top button, and the screen went black again ( you could still see that the backlight was working behind). So I started my battery pulling method over, eventually my screen came back and worked for most of the day, while the screen was working I plugged it into my computer. Usually when I plug it in, all I get in the notification bar is the choice to "mount" my phone, but then I got " USB Debugging connected" so this was different, it makes me wonder do I have a virus or a bug?? My screen just blacked out again, does anyone know a solution, suggestion, should I take it to Verizon.
Please and Thank you.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I would take it back. I don't think a factory reset is going to help this issue.

OP
O

Orchi

Reaction score
I was going to take it today, but it worked all day perfectly fine untill now. I guess thats what I'll have to do, thankyou.

OP
O

Orchi

Reaction score
Took it in... I explained, the girl barley looked at it and ordered me a replacement. I am really starting to get sick of my droid.

OP
O

Orchi

Reaction score
On Christmas eve my phone was working normally... no drops, no water damage and then the screen started jumbling and I am in the same boat again, except continuing to remove the battery has not brang the screen back... but when I turn it on.. I can feel and it makes the sounds of when I touch it.. I jsut can't see what I am doing? Could I have a virus or something? Does anyone have any suggestions I am up for anything, I am really getting sick of this.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You do NOT have a virus. Your screen is dead and you're over a year past your purchase date. Is this the replacement phone? If so, take it back and complain. I believe refurbs have 90 days from issue date or the end of the 1-year, whichever comes later.

OP
O

Orchi

Reaction score
Yes this a replacement. Hoping to take it in tommorrow.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Good luck. :)

Call VZW if the store is a dead end.

Also, you can punch the ESN into a Motorola support page and find out if you still have any warranty on it.

OP
O

Orchi

Reaction score
Took it in, I was out of warranty but the manager ended my contract early after I complained, and explained this had happend 2 times already... And then I bought the Samsung Fascinate.