Droid screen is dead but still powers on: Help backing up?

crewkip

Reaction score
My original Droid will power on, has tactile feedback, gets phone calls etc but the screen does not show anything, it's black and blank.

Is there anyway I can use a computer and USB cable to install and run a backup program on the droid?

I am primarily interested in recovering my text messages. I use handcent. I do not have a backup program.

Thanks

billf46

Reaction score
Black Screen

I don't have a solution to your problem, but did your screen go black soon after the latest 2.2 update? That's when mine happened. The first build of 2.2 worked fine, but the one they pushed out last week may be the problem.

OP
C

crewkip

Reaction score
I don't have a solution to your problem, but did your screen go black soon after the latest 2.2 update? That's when mine happened. The first build of 2.2 worked fine, but the one they pushed out last week may be the problem.

I did the update the first day it came out. It stopped working after it fell out my pocket while sitting in a chair. Maybe a 2 foot fall onto carpet. Hard to believe that killed it. That's my 3rd dead droid in less than a year.