droid screen going blank after call ends

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
hi im a new droid user and my phone's screen keeps going blank after i end a call. I am using screebl lite and im wondering if that has anything to do with it? again the screen turns off - no lights on the screen nor the keyboard and they only way i've found to fix this problem is to pull the battery. please help!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi im a new droid user and my phone's screen keeps going blank after i end a call. I am using screebl lite and im wondering if that has anything to do with it? again the screen turns off - no lights on the screen nor the keyboard and they only way i've found to fix this problem is to pull the battery. please help!

First let me :welcome: you to the forum. Second, let me assure you that screebl is not doing this unless you've made some really odd adjustments to it. Matter of fact, you can use Screebl to keep your phone lit while you are on a call.

Since you're new I can only assume you've only had your Droid a short time. Droid is not suppose to behave like that. If you're within your 30 day period take it right on back to Verizon and get another one.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hook's right, this isn't normal Droid behavior. I use MyLock (free in the market) to keep my screen on - there are varying display settings for it, so maybe you could try that and see if it makes any difference. If neither helps the issue, between the two, you've pretty much proven it's the phone. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your time here in the forum, sboman_32!

:welcome:

h.forester

Reaction score
I also had the same problem. Everytime I would end a call the screen would go black. I have only had my Droid a week and the problem just started today. I also just put a cover on my phone today....so I removed the cover and everything is working fine again...I guess the cover was blocking a sensor. Hope this helps :)