Droid screen goes dark when I use my docking station

pops9761

Reaction score
when I put my Droid on its docking station, the screen goes dark. This started about a week. It used to stay lit and display the large clock.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hi
something must've reset. while sitting in the doc station, did check ur personal settings such as lighting

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

peanutbutter

Reaction score
I am having the same problem...

I am having the same issue. I just noticed it starting yesterday. I have two docking stations actually and it is going dark on both. I did check the lighting etc and nothing makes a difference. So if other people are having the same issue, it must not be just a phone setting. Something has definately changed. I miss my display!!!

OP
P

pops9761

Reaction score
same here. I miss my display. I got used to having the clock on my desk at work and now I don't. I wonder if its one of the "wonderful" upgrades that are auto loaded onto the Droid.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Just as a check, when in the Dock, double check to make sure you didnt touch the "Auto Darkening" button on the screen...should be left corner depending on the phone model...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

peanutbutter

Reaction score
Thanks BodyBagz

Thank you, the icon solution worked!! It is the 3rd icon down, on my phone when in the docking station. I'm new to Droid so I'm not smart enough yet to figure it out!!!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thank you, the icon solution worked!! It is the 3rd icon down, on my phone when in the docking station. I'm new to Droid so I'm not smart enough yet to figure it out!!!

Glad it helped...had to find it the hard way on my phone...:)