Droid School from VZW (free)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ricepuddin, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ricepuddin

ricepuddin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if its a Repost. Searched and didn't come up with anything.

I received an Email from VZW about a Droid class at local dealers. I am sure most of you received the same Email but just in case i figured i would share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if this is useful to anybody.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That does seem interesting.....but I could not even begin to imagine what Verizon Wireless could tell me about my Droid that I didn't already know

3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,398
    that probably the reason for the school. I could go to a vzw rep and many of them only know the basics about this phone. There is a forum here full of members who push it to the limits. So we learn from each other on what is good and bad.

I know this is a stretch but it would be funny if the class involves teaching them how to root.
    :icon_ devil:

4. ricepuddin

ricepuddin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, im sure the forum members would be more useful then the VZW employees. But the below would be entertaining.
    agreed :motdroidvert:

5. Technoman

Technoman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking that this would be one for me to avoid at all cost.

I can't stand to have someone talking (teaching especially) about something they don't even fully understand themselves. I tend to speak my mind when it comes to someone telling me about something when I know more than they do.

It might be a bad interface, and experience.... I will continue to learn on my own and through POWER users like we have here.

6. MinionOfEckerd

Ratings:
    +0
    My fiancee and I went to one of the trainings. Walked out after 30 seconds considering the only other people in there were 60+ years old, writing stuff down on notepads and some of the topics on the agenda was "buttons" and "phone calls".

7. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,398
    Wow, you mean they didnt bust out a computer and show them how to root and install ROMs......come on what kind of class are they running up there:icon_cussing:

8. patriot839

patriot839 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    here lets make this post interesting did anyone notice the earliest date on those classes 2/25/10 now why would they do a class on a phone thats about to change greatly with the next update so we can speculate that the update will be in before then but maybe it is just basics cause sure enough my 60 yo mother whos never owned a computer or anything other than a clam phone with no texting just baught a droid today so i guess there is a market for classes cause im not teaching her what a headache lol

9. nighthawk700

nighthawk700 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for posting this! One of these classes is about 1 mile from my office so I was thinking of going to see what kind of information they had. Sounds like I would have completely regretted it!

10. zakany

zakany Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I saw that I figured it would cover how to turn the phone on and make calls. Maybe some Q&A time for the store reps to help people set up their email (which, incidentally, the customers would not have the information necessary to do). Maybe even describe what an app is and how to get them from the Marketplace.

If anyone went to one, how close was I?

Search tags for this page

droid academy

droid school